Resources for Coaches
There are many coaching resources available for coaches and players to help develop Ultimate programs and improve skills. DiscNW has a collection of links below to help you locate resources that meet your needs. If you know of any additional resources that we are missing, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
- Ultiplays - Create your training and playbook online, and track your players
- TeamSnap - Team Management app
- Happy TC - Team management app for captains
Outreach organization in Ultimate
- UltiPros and their Ultimate Frisbee Academy: https://ultipros.jimdo.com/
- ReachUp Ultimate: http://reachup.ca/
- Ultimate Peace: http://www.ultimatepeace.org/
- Girls Ultimate Movement: http://gum.usaultimate.org/clinic-resources/
Video-based Skills Development Resources
- $ Rise Up Ultimate - RISE UP is excellence in ultimate leadership. We empower players, captains, and coaches to improve.
- Ultimate Coaching made easy - https://www.sportplan.net/drills/Ultimate/
Article-based Skills Development Resources
- The Ultimate Handbook - a guide for Ultimate players of all levels to develop their core skills, learn new strategies, train properly, and just to read the latest news in the community.
School-based Skills Development Resources
- Long Term Ahtlete Development Model - complete version, produced by Ultimate Canada
- Long Term Athlete Development Model - short version, produced by Ultimate Canada
- pdf Learn To Play Curriculum - produced by Ultimate Canada
- pdf Ultimate Start Up High School Guide - how to get an Ultimate team started in your school
- Middle School Curriculum - produced by Girls Ultimate Movement (GUM)
- pdf Ultimate Middle and High School PE Curriculum - produced by UPA in 2003
- pdf ULTIMATE TEACHING CURRICULUM - Created By: Steven Courlang & Alex Pozzy
- pdf Ultimate Unit Grade 7 & 8 - produced by ODSA
Spirit of The Game
Ultimate News Outlets
- Upwind Ultimate- Covering ultimate for ALL
- UltiWorld - Ultiworld is the premier news media site dedicated to the sport of ultimate. From in-depth reporting to video highlights, we strive to bring you the most interesting and important stories from around the globe.
- The Huddle - Launched in 2007 by Ben Wiggins and Andy Loveseth, The Huddle established itself as one of the sport’s most informative resources, catering to young and developing players seeking out direct, strategy-based commentary from top coaches and athletes in the Ultimate community.
- UltiVillage -
- USAU Youtube
- Fulcrum Media Vimeo
- NKolakov Youtube
- Women's Ultimate Google doc
- ic Ulti Youtube
- The UltiVerse - podcast from 2008-2010
- Ren Fitness ($)- Classes, programming and workshops for youth and adults and RenFitness Virtual has a ton of information on everything from dynamic warm-ups for teams and nutrition to how to perform major lifts and recovery strategies.
- YouthUltimate.net- A resource for coaches, players and parents created by a Seattle youth coach.
Custom Apparel and Supplies($)
- Five Ultimate- Seattle-based Five Ultimate specializes in custom apparel for ultimate players.
- Full Circle Ultimate- Native Seattle owned company specializes in women's specific sizing.
- Full Source - Inexpensive youth sports jerseys with screen printing.
- DiscNW Youth Disc Discount Code- Our partnership with FIVE allows us to offer discs at a discout to local youth teams. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a unique coupon code for use at the the FIVE ultimate/ DiscNW partner store.