Spring Jam Elementary Tournament
- Event Type
- Team Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
- Magnuson Park, Seattle
Spring Jam is a coed, 5-on-5, elementary school team round robin tournament taking place on Sunday May 21st 2017.
This year we will be expanding the tourney with room for 25 teams! We will also be partnering with Five Ultimate to bring you exclusive Spring Jam tournament gear. We will be inviting other vendors too, including food trucks!
Tournament central will house a Five Ultimate chill out tent, music, disc games and more!
Like last year, all divisions will be 5v5
- Fields will be abbreviated
- 70 yards long
- 25 yards wide
- 15-yard end zones
- Teams will play a round-robin format.
- Games will be hard capped at 60 minutes (no soft cap).
- Games are to 11 points or until the hard cap, whichever comes first.
- Teams each have one 90-second timeout per half, regardless of overtime (different from USA Ultimate rules).
- The gender ratio is 3:2. THERE MUST BE AT LEAST TWO girls on the field. A team that cannot field enough of either gender must "play down" (i.e., compete with fewer players) so that it has no more boys or girls on the field than its opponent.
Registration and Important Dates:
The registration fee is $270 per team.
- May 8, noon: Registrations and paperwork due. Bids will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Financial aid and eligibility exception applications due.
- May 15, noon: Final schedule announced. Games will be at Magnuson from 10-6. I will schedule games as early as possible, but depending on tourney demand, there might be some evening games.
Please review the paperwork requirements in the Rules section below.
Financial Aid will be available. Application for FA will be due May 9th.