Gnarly Gnines (2012)
- Event Type
- Team Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
- Burlington, WA
Welcome to Gnarly Gnines 2012!
The field map is now posted.
The schedule is now posted (best viewed in Firefox):
- Schedule for rounds 1-7 - There are 14 teams, and each team will play a pseudo-round-robin schedule for the first 7 rounds. Rounds are 50 minutes long with 10 minutes in between. There is a slightly longer break after the 4th round.
- Bracket schedule - After the first 7 rounds, there will be a break to reseed the teams based on results. Standard USA Ultimate tie breaker rules will be used.
The weather forecast for Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 70.
So, bring some sunscreen.
As with past years, the Gnines format allows only gnine players per roster, 5/4 men/women. On field ratio is 4:3; any team may opt for 3:4, but the opponent doesn’t need to match.
Teams will play 9 games to 9 points in about 9.5 hours. Teams will play a round robin of games for the first 7 rounds. Teams will be re-seeded for the final 2 rounds of play.
Gnarly Gnines 2012 will take place on Saturday, May 12 at Skagit River Park in Burlington, WA.
Online registration is now closed.
Some refreshments will be provided to participants. We will provide some fruit, snacks, and goodies, but participants should plan to bring their own lunch/meals. Running water is available on site, but participants should bring their own bottles.
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will be used for this tournament.
Tournament Specific Rules
- All games are played to 9, win by 1. Point cap at 9. Hard time cap is 50 minutes after the start of the round - the game is over after the current point is finished (unless tied, then play one more).
- Gender ratio is 4:3 men:women.
- Foot-blocks: yes
- 1 timeout per half; mirror half. Timeouts are allowed during a game cap.
- This is an adult league in accordance with the DiscNW Team League Participation Policy