Fall HS Girl's Hat League (2016)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
DiscNW is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a High School Girls’ Fall Hat League. This league is open to all high school girls.
This league will be coached by some of Seattle's greatest coaches! Every session will have time for specific skill development through drills and games as well as plenty of playing time.
- Games will be played Sunday mornings September 25th to October 30th from 8:45am-11:00.
- All sessions will meet at Jefferson
- The first 60 online registrants will receive jerseys.
- League fee: $50.
The league fee is $50. Participants may apply for financial aid here: https://www.discnw.org/events/1028/. The deadline to apply for financial is Wednesday, September 14th. Our committee will announce financial aid decisions one week before the league begins.
This is a 5 on 5 league.
5 on 5 rules
5 on 5 is a fast paced variation of ultimate. You sub on the fly, and less players means more touches of the disc. Here are the rules:
- The field is 25 yards wide and 70 yards long in total, with 14 yard endzones. There is no brick.
- Stall counts are to 8.
- There is no pull after a point. When a team scores, the receiving player acknowledges the goal and immediately places the disc on the ground. The other team has 8 seconds to take possession and put the disc into play at that spot. They cannot walk the disc to the goal line.
- Players sub on the fly. The designatedsub zone is at the midline of the field, 10 yards in length, marked by cones. Every player entering the field must tag the outgoing player on the sideline before entering the field.
- At the beginning of a game and afterhalf, both teams line up at the back of the end zone for the initial pull.
- When a team gains possession in theirendzone, if the disc left the field of play, it can be put into play on the perimeter line where it crossed, or brought to the front of the endzone at the point closest to where it crossed the perimeter line. But if the disc did not leave the field of play and came to rest in the endzone, it is put into play where it came to rest.
- Games will be played to 13. Win by 2, no soft cap.
October 13: A major storm is forecast for this weekend. Stay tuned for news about game status.