Boys' Club League (HS Age Boys) (2013)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
- Victoria, BC
Playoffs will occur on 5/3, 5/10, and 5/17. Click here to view the playoff schedule.
This league welcomes all boys in grades 9-12.
Dates and Locations
Games will take place on Friday evenings from March 22 through May 17, between 5pm and 8:30pm, at Magnuson Park.
There will be no game on the day before Spring Reign - Friday, April 26.
Players may register in one of three ways:
- As an individual. Individuals are assigned to a team and coach.
- As a pod (2-9 players). A pod is assigned to a team and a coach. All individuals in the pod must register. You will need a pod name when you register.
- As a full team (10 or more players). Full teams are required to provide their own adult coach, who must meet league administrative requirements.* In some cases, the League Coordinator may add a pod or individual players to a full team, but this will be avoided whenever possible. All individuals on the team must register. You will need a team name when you register.
*Coaches must be at least 21 years of age. Coaches must sign the DiscNW Coaching Code of Conduct, will be subject to a DiscNW background check, and must be present at all games (or provide a substitute who also meets DiscNW standards).
For the enjoyment of all teams, we want to make sure teams are relatively equal in skill. Thus, the following "ringer rules" are in effect:
- Teams or pods of 5 or more players registering together must contain 4 or fewer ringers.
- A ringer is a player who meets any of the following characteristics:
- Has played in the USA Ultimate Youth Club Championships in a U19 division.
- Has played 2 or more seasons as a starter on a varsity high school Ultimate team.
The payment deadline is Friday, March 15. The registration fee must be submitted before a participant is permitted to play.
- The league fee for individuals and pods is $38 per player. Individual and pod fees must be paid by check since the website is now set to collect the lower team fee. Please make your check payable to DiscNW at PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145.
- The league fee for teams is $26 per player. This fee may be paid online at the time of registration.
Financial aid is available. The DiscNW financial aid policy and application are under revision for 2013 . Individuals planning to seek financial aid will have an opportunity to indicate that in their registration, and they will receive an email notification when the new application is available.
Registration and Paperwork
When registration is open, a "Register Now" link will appear at the bottom of this section. The registration deadline is Friday, March 15. Registration has been extended through noon on March 29. At this time, any new registrants will be waitlisted and will be placed on a team as space allows.
All players must submit a DiscNW Participation Agreement and Release. Paperwork must be submitted before a participant is permitted to play.
If you are signing up as a part of a pod or team, remember to have your pod/team name ready when you click on "Register Now."
Click here for the Seattle field permit for this league. Please bring this to all of your games as proof of our reservation.
Games are to 15 points.
Soft cap is at 85 minutes after the round time starts. Hard cap is at 95 minutes.
Please follow all Seattle Parks rules. This includes no dogs or food on the playfields.