YCC Team Tryouts (2015)
- Event Type
- Hat Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
- Seattle, WA
Welcome to the tryout page for 2015 YCC Teams.
USA Ultimate has announced that YCC will be a 3 day event this year, see the press release. As with 2014, DiscNW intends send at least 5 teams, one for each division available.
This year's YCC tryouts will be separate from all other league tryouts. This will allow coaches to evaluate all attendees evenly. Each team has multiple tryout dates except for the Mixed team which will utilize the single gender tryouts in addition to the separate mixed tryout.
Tryout fee will be $65. This fee covers the cost of staffing and gets each player a limited edition reversible tryout jersey.
Visit the USA Ultimate site for more about the YCC Championships.
Each team has it's own tryout periods. Those trying out for the mixed team should plan on attending a U19 single gender tryout in addition to the mixed tryout date. U16 players may attend U19 tryouts if they wish, but it's not required. Please check the eligibility page for the qualifications of U19 and U16 divisions. If you have any questions or concerns about making the tryout dates please email email@example.com.
|U19 Open Team|
|U19 Girls Team|
|U19 Mixed Team||
|U16 Open Team|
|U16 Girls Team|
What do I bring to tryouts?
Each player should bring the following to every tryout:
- A white shirt (no, gray is not acceptable)
- A dark shirt (again, gray is not acceptable)
- A full water bottle - most fields do not have water fountains available on site
- Warm over clothes/rain gear - while players will be running a majority of the time, during discussions or in-between scrimmages players will need to remain warm and dry
- Personal medical supplies - players with certain medical needs (epi-pen, inhalers, ect.) should bring these things to each tryout and let their coach know where these supplies can be found in an emergency
What happens at a tryout? What should I be prepared to do?
Every coach will have their own tryout plan but in general players should be ready to make athletic movements. This can be in the form of drills, conditioning, and/or scrimmages. We will attempt to send out more information as we get closer to the tryouts.