YCC 2009 Tryouts
- Event Type
- Hat Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
Schedule change! The May 27 and June 3 tryouts will now be at Magnuson Park, field 7, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Please spread the word!
General YCC Information & Player Eligibility
The 2009 Ultimate Players Association (UPA) Youth Club Championships (YCC) will be in Blaine, Minnesota on August 8 and 9. For more information on the event, please click here.
In 2009, Seattle will be sending three teams to YCC: a mixed team, a girls' team, and an open team. Each team will carry 17-21 players. To be eligible for these teams, players must have participated in one of the following three leagues:
- The 2008 DiscNW High School Co-Ed League
- The 2008 DiscNW High School Single Gender League
- The 2009 DiscNW High School Single Gender League
For more information on UPA YCC player and team requirements, please click here.
Players who are selected for the DiscNW YCC teams will be required to pay all tournament-related fees up front. The fee covers plane tickets and other travel at the tournament, tournament lodging, coaches' stipends, uniforms, and field rentals. The cost will be approximately $750-1,000 per player. There will be a limited number of scholarships available. To apply for a scholarship, please visit the Scholarship Policy page and submit your application by May 27. Please note that scholarships for YCC will NOT be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis; rather, decisions will be based solely on financial need.
If you have any questions about YCC, please contact the General Manager Frank Nam and the Director of Youth Operations Wynne Scherf at .
Tryout Dates & Information
Tryouts are $10 per player, to subsidize the cost of field rentals. Please scroll down all the way to the bottom of this page to register.
There will be an optional pre-tryout pick-up game on Wednesday, May 20**, from 6:30 to 8:30 PM, at Twin Ponds. After that, all players trying out for YCC are required to attend all applicable tryout sessions:
- Wednesday, May 27, Magnuson field 7, 7:00-9:00 PM (please note time/location change): Girls' tryout (all girls should attend, whether they are interested in the mixed or girls' team)
- Monday, June 1, Marymoor Park fields 7&8, 6:00-9:00 PM: Boys' tryout (all boys should attend, whether they are interested in the mixed or open team)
- Wednesday, June 3, Magnuson field 7, 7:00-9:00 PM (please note time/location change): This will be a SECOND Boy's tryout (all boys should attend, whether they are interested in the mixed or open team)
- Saturday, June 6, Shoreline Center, 1:00-6:30 PM: Boys' & Girls' tryout (all players should attend, whether they are interested in the mixed or single-gender teams)
** We will be taking photos of everyone at the pre-tryout. If you cannot make the pre-tryout - please send a photo of yourself to by May 20th.
There may be player cuts after each practice. This will be up to the coaches' discretion. Final team decisions will be made by Sunday, June 7.
YCC Team Practices
The first practice for all three teams will be on Monday, June 8. Thereafter, practices will be 1-2 evenings per week, probably on Mondays. There may also be required track practices. The practice schedule will be posted here as soon as field reservations are confirmed.
2009 YCC Coaches Selected!
Head Coach: Fozz Forsberg
Assistant Coach: Heidi-Marie Clemens
Head Coach: Jon Ladd
Assistant Coach: Heather Ann Brauer
Head Coach: Brook Martin
Assistant Coach: Alex Wells
Assistant Coach: Gabe Pederson