YCC Team Tryouts
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
Unfortunately, this year's tryout dates conflict with the month-long celebration of Ramadan. We recognize the importance of this holiday for many players in our community and apologize for the scheduling conflict. DiscNW is committed to ensuring that all athletes have an equal opportunity to tryout. We are currently working with the coaches to create another pathway for players to participate in the process. More details will be available soon. If you are interested in being a part of these alternate tryouts please indicate this in your registration.
Fundraising for YCC
Please support our YCC Program with a recurring donation to the YCC Scholarship Fund! In 2018, we anticipate awarding over $60,000 in aid to players who would otherwise be unable to attend the tournament in Blaine, MN. A gift of any size helps, and is deeply appreciated. You can contribute one time, or set up a modest monthly donation to help DiscNW support the amazing young players from our region. Thanks!
Preparing for Tryouts
- Tryouts can be stressful, but they're also a great opportunity to have fun, play quality ultimate, and meet new people in a positive environment.
- Expect A LOT of scrimmaging at tryouts, though there may be a few drills.
- When in doubt, communicate!
- Be ready to run and have fun.
|March 16th||Tryout Registration & Tryout Scholarship application opens.|
|May 5th||Tryout Scholarship application due date.|
|May 10th||Tryout Scholarships announced.|
|May 13th||Tryouts begin. See schedule of specific team tryouts above.|
|June 6th||Tryouts conclude.|
|June 8th||Team Selections announced.|
|YCC Tryout Schedule (listed by team)
Player Check-In begins 30 minutes prior to posted start of tryout time below. All players must check in prior to their First tryout. Players do not need to check in for subsequent tryouts.
U20 Girls' Team
|June 3 (Sunday) - 10-12pm @ Genesee Lower|
|June 5 (Tuesday) - 6:30-9pm @ Montlake Playfield|
|June 6 (Wednesday) -7:30-9pm @ Van Asselt|
U17 Girls' Team
|May 18 (Friday)- 6-9pm @ Georgetown|
|May 25 (Friday)- 6-9pm @ Genesee Lower|
|May 23 (Wednesday)- 6:30-8:30pm @ Montlake Playfield|
U20 Boys' Team
|May 16 (Friday) - 5-7pm @ Georgetown|
|May 18 (Friday) - 6-9pm @ Genesee|
|May 20 (Sunday) - 3-6pm Genesee Lower|
U17 Boys' Team
|May 13 (Sunday) - 2-5pm @ Georgetown|
|May 15 (Tuesday) - 5-7pm @ Georgetown|
|May 20 (Sunday) - 9am-12pm @ Genesee Lower|
U20 Mixed Team
|May 19 (Saturday) 5-8pm @ Jefferson|
|May 24 (Thursday) - 6-8:30pm Genesee Lower|
|June 3 (Sunday) - 1-3pm @ Genesee Lower|
What do I bring to tryouts?
Each player should bring the following to every tryout:
- A white shirt (no, gray is not acceptable)
- A dark shirt (again, gray is not acceptable)
- A full water bottle - most fields do not have water fountains available on site
- Warm over clothes/rain gear - while players will be running a majority of the time, during discussions or in-between scrimmages players will need to remain warm and dry
- Personal medical supplies - players with certain medical needs (epi-pen, inhalers, ect.) should bring these things to each tryout and let their coach know where these supplies can be found in an emergency
What happens at a tryout? What should I be prepared to do?
Every coach will have their own tryout plan but in general, players should be ready to make athletic movements. This can be in the form of drills, conditioning, and/or scrimmages. We will attempt to send out more information as we get closer to the tryouts.