Winter Men's League (2016)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
- Seattle, WA
Introducing the first annual Winter Men's League! The 3-week season will be at Jefferson Park on Wednesday evenings in February.
UPDATE 10/15: Plans for this league are TENTATIVE.
UPDATE 10/20: Please take this survey to help guide decision making about the winter 2016 season. Thanks!
UPDATE 12/4: Thanks for your patience. News will be posted on 12/7. Information on this page is currently under construction and is not final.
UPDATE 12/14: Almost ready to go. Details are posted below. Registration opens today.
UPDATE 1/6: More than half of the spots are filled, and registration is still open. Team roster information will be posted later this month.
UPDATE 2/10: The rosters are set. Game on tonight!
This league is a brand new event for DiscNW. We hope that fellas give this event a try and help us to better serve the Seattle ultimate community.
This men's league is for players seeking to get in shape for spring club team tryouts or the pro team season, or for those just looking for a high level playing experience.
- Games will take place on Wednesday evenings at Jefferson Park in Seattle, 6:30-8:30pm
- Each team will play one game per evening, and games will be 2 hours
- Goaltimate pickup will take place throughout the evening (see below)
- The season runs from February 10 through February 24
- There will be 4 teams of 12-15 players each
- Team rosters will be set after registration closes or the league fills up, whichever happens first
- The DiscNW winter fields permit is here
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to captain and/or coach a team
- Because we have a lot of space at Jefferson, there will be two pickup goaltimate games under the lights at the south end of the playfield
- These goaltimate games are open to any DiscNW community member
- After the Men's League round time is over, from 8:30pm to 9:30pm, the ultimate fields will be used for ultimate pickup and/or goaltimate pickup
- Online registration opens on December 14th
- The player fee is $19.18 USD
- Payment may be made online or via check payable to DiscNW, Attn: Winter Men's League, PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145
- All players must be 18 years or older to play
- All players must register, complete the participation waiver, and submit payment in order to be accepted into the league - first come, first served
All games are to be played under USA Ultimate rules, 11th edition.
- Games to 17, point cap at 19
- Halftime is 5 minutes long, starts when a team first reaches 9 points
- 2 time-outs per half, time-outs are unaffected by caps
- Hard time cap goes on 110 minutes after scheduled start time
- Please start and end your game on time!!
- Please abide by all park rules and posted signs at the playfields (no dogs, no alcohol or cannabis, etc.)
- This league is open to players 18 and older
Additional league rules will be posted prior to the start of the season.