Winter Men's League
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
- Jefferson Playfield Seattle
Announcing the third annual Winter Men's League! The 3-week season will be at Jefferson Park on Wednesday evenings in late January.
This event is three weeks long, due to field availability we will begin one week earlier this year. Game dates are as follows:
- January 31 - Hiawatha Playfield - 630pm
- February 7 - Jefferson Playfield - 630pm
- February 14 - Jefferson Playfield - 630pm
Team assignments and league schedule are posted. Team name equates to your jersey color, so if you are on Team Red, bring a red jersey to play in. All players should always bring a white jersey as well. Please start and end your games on time.
This men's league is for players seeking to get in shape for spring club team tryouts or the pro team season, or for those just looking for a high level playing experience.
- Games will take place on Wednesday evenings in Seattle, 6:30-8:30pm
- Each team will play one game per evening, and games will be 2 hours
- Goaltimate pickup will take place throughout the evening (see below)
- The season will run from January 31st - February 14th.
- There will be 4 teams of 12-15 players each
- Team rosters will be set after registration closes or the league fills up, whichever happens first
- The winter fields permit will be posted later on the game day resources tab.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to captain and/or coach a team
- Because we have a lot of space at Jefferson, there will be two pickup goaltimate games under the lights at the south end of the playfield
- These goaltimate games are open to any DiscNW community member
- After the Men's League round time is over, from 8:30pm to 9:30pm, the ultimate fields will be used for ultimate pickup and/or goaltimate pickup
- Online registration opens on December 1st
- The player fee is $23.12 USD
- Payment may be made online or via check payable to DiscNW, Attn: Winter Men's League, PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145
- All players must be 18 years or older to play
- All players must register, complete the participation waiver, and submit payment in order to be accepted into the league - first come, first served
- We use the USA Ultimate 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate for all DiscNW leagues, with the following additions, changes, and clarifications.
- Each team has two team time-outs per half. Time outs should not exceed 90 seconds. Time outs are unaffected by caps.
- Games are played to 17 points, with a margin of at least two goals or until a cap is reached. The point cap is 19. There is no soft cap. The hard time cap begins 1 hour and 45 minutes after scheduled game start time, unless otherwise noted.
- Teams mirror at halftime - the second half begins with a reversal of the initial choices regarding the team to receive the pull and which end zone they defend.
- The Contact Rule can be used by mutual agreement of the Captains. The default rule for this League is not to use the Contact Rule. For a definition of the contact rule, see the second bullet point under “Experimental Rules” here.