SUBWAY® Washington Games - Middle & High School (2012)
- Event Type
- Hat Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
- Seattle, WA
A festive weekend of ultimate frisbee ("Ultimate") and individual disc throwing competitions.
This is the youth registration. For information on the adult portion of the event, click here.
Update: Due to insufficient registrations, we canceled the high school event on Sunday, July 29. However, grade 9 players may now participate in the full tournament on Saturday. Grade 10-12 players may participate in the disc throwing portion of the event on Saturday at 1:45pm for a $10 fee.
ELIGIBLE PLAYERS, AND DATES & LOCATIONS
Two youth divisions, both at Magnuson Park Sports Meadow:
- Saturday, July 28 - Full tournament for 5-9 graders (2011-12 school year) and throwing competitions for 10-12 graders (2011-12 school year)
- Sunday, July 29 - 9-12 graders (2011-12 school year) Sunday division canceled due to insufficient registrations. Grade 9 students may play in the full tournament on Saturday. Grade 10-12 students may participate in the disc throwing competitions on Saturday at 1:45pm for a $10 fee.
WHAT IS IT?
A coed youth Ultimate tournament, with some unique features:
- Throwing competitions - both distance and accuracy.
- "Grand championships" of the group's favorite spirit game (e.g., Streetfighter, Disc Jousting, Ninja, and Biggest Fan). Don't know these games? Don't worry! They're easy to learn and tons of fun!
- A simultaneous adult tournament (men on Saturday, women on Sunday), for a complete Ultimate community weekend festival!
- Medals for the winners and finalists in the throwing and team Ultimate competitions!
- T-shirts and snacks for every participant.
Players may sign up in one of two ways:
- As an individual. Individuals are assigned to a team.
- As a pod/team.* Pods/teams may be 2-20 players in size. Every individual will need to register. You will need a pod/team name when you register. The Tournament Director will combine pods or add individual players to pods/teams as needed.
Teams and schedule will be announced on this website and by email by July 26.
*The Tournament Director reserves the right to split up groups that appear to differ greatly in age/skill/experience from other registered groups. For the enjoyment of all players in the tournament, please strive for a variety of ages and skill/experience levels within a pod/team. If your pod/team has several "ringers" or several brand new players, consider splitting into multiple pairs of players rather than registering as a pod/team.
When registration is open, a "Register Now" link will appear at the bottom of this section. The registration deadline is 5pm on Friday, July 27.
- The full tourney fee for Saturday's grade 5-9 tourney is $26.
- The fee for grade 10-12 players wishing to participate in Saturday's throwing competitions is $10. Note that the event website is set to handle only payments of $26. Payments of $10 must be brought to the event (please make checks payable to DiscNW).
A limited amount of need-based financial aid is available.
If you are signing up as a part of a pod or team, remember to have your pod/team name ready when you click on "Register Now."