Verns Hat League (2007)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
Verns League is a teaching league for beginners and intermediate-level players. Experienced players captain teams and pass on their knowledge and love of the game. It's a great way to learn ultimate, improve your skills, and meet new people. The season begins after we spring ahead to daylight savings time (Vernal Equinox) and runs for 12 weeks including playoffs. Each team has a similar balance of experienced players and beginners.
Online registration is now closed. Rosters and schedules are completed. Pre-season practice is Friday, March 30th at South Park from South 6-7:30pm. Regular season games start on Friday, April 6.
Michael Xenakis and Erin Gallagher are your 2007 Verns Hat League Coordinators. You can contact us with questions or comments at .
Verns league is a co-ed hat league. People sign up to play as individuals, and the coordinators make the rosters with an eye toward creating evenly matched teams.
The primary purpose of Verns league is to have fun and introduce new players to ultimate. In this league we will endeavor to help you learn the rules of Ultimate, learn what 'Spirit Of The Game' is, improve your basic skills in Ultimate, get a great workout, have fun meeting new people, and have an opportunity to participate in fun social gatherings.
- All games will be played on Friday evenings starting April 6.
- Games start at 6pm unless otherwise noted (we'll be able to start some games at 6:30 when there's enough daylight.
- We are trying to schedule some pre-season practices for those who wish to get a little instruction before the regular season starts.
- Playoffs will be the last 3 Fridays of the season. The finals will be on June 8 or June 15 (depending on field availability).
- We will either play at Marymoor and South Park - a few playoff games will be in Shoreline at the turf.
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate has been approved by a vote of the UPA membership. The DiscNW Leagues Committee has decided to use these rules for all DiscNW events in 2007. DiscNW will provide Verns League Captains with a complimentary rule book at the Captains Meeting. We also advise all players to review the online documents to familiarize themselves with the new changes.
League Specific Rules
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- The soft time cap is 15 minutes before the end of the game... add 2 points to the highest score and play to that score - win by 1. The hard time cap is at the end of game time... finish the point in progress. If one team is ahead - they win. If the game is tied then play one more point.
- Foot-blocks: yes
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half.
Please start and end your game on time!!