Summer Team League (2016)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
Summer team league is for new or established coed teams and has something for various skill levels. The league has five divisions, and teams are placed in each division based on their experience to ensure close competition.
- This is a coed league - all teams should play with a 4 men / 3 women (3 / 4 only upon negotiation by captains) gender ratio for all games. It is NOT bad spirit to keep play to 4 / 3.
- Games will be on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Games will start between 6:15pm and 9:15pm. Most games start at 6:30pm.
- We aim to schedule 7 regular season and 3 playoff games for all teams.
- Tentatively, playoffs will be the last 3 weeks of the season.
Online registration opens April 12.
Payments can be made by credit card online or via check - the team fee is $865.84 (including sales tax) - by sending one to us with your team name on the memo line at...
- Attn: Summer Team League
- PO Box 85112
- Seattle, WA 98145
Team fees are due by the close of registration (May 15). If you don't pay by the deadline you won't play in the league. Teams that have not paid the fees in full by the deadline will have their registrations canceled, and their spot in the league may be given to a team on the waitlist. Click here for the DiscNW Payment Policy.
If you have registered and intend to play, but for some reason you can't pay the league fee by the deadline please contact the League Coordinators right away at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will play most games in Seattle this season on the grass Sports Meadow at Magnuson which will have painted ultimate field lines. Some games will be in Shoreline and at other fields in Seattle. Here is our 2016 Summer fields permit for Seattle. And here is the 2016 Shoreline summer fields permit.
- Registration Opens - April 12
- Registration Closes - May 15 (but the league will almost certainly fill before then, so sign up now)
- Captains Meeting (virtual) - late May
- Season Starts - Tuesday, June 7 (NO WEEK OFF FROM SPRING SEASON)
- Rosters to be finalized - June 9
- Regular Season Ends - July 23
- Playoffs - July 26 - August 11 (three weeks)
Looking for a team?
In general the DiscNW bulletin boards are a good place to find a team. Some teams post there when looking for players. Free agents also post there when trying to get on a team. There is a very helpful post on the DiscNW bulletin board about getting on a team: http://www.discnw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1157
Additionally, there are some hat events this Summer that are open to registration by individuals:
You can contact the League Coordinators at email@example.com.
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will again be used for the Summer Team League.
All players must be 18 years or older in order to participate.
Please start and finish your games on time!
Don't Be a No-Show
If a team needs to cancel or postpone a game they must notify the League Coordinators and the opposing team's Captains at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the game. Any team that fails to give proper notification of cancellation two times during the season will be denied participation in the playoffs, and given last priority in future seasons.