Summer Team League (2014)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
Summer team league is for new or established coed teams and has something for various skill levels. The league has four divisions, and teams are placed in each division based on their experience to ensure close competition.
Teams should postpone play for 30 minutes in the event of a lightning strike. All participants should seek shelter in cars or a building with plumbing. Play may resume 30 minutes after the last visible lightning strike.
Team Captains will be contacted with additional information.
- This is a coed league - all teams should play with a 4 men / 3 women (3 / 4 only upon negotiation by captains) gender ratio for all games. It is NOT bad spirit to keep play to 4 / 3.
- Games will be on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Games will start between 6:15pm and 9:15pm. Most games start at 6:30pm.
- We aim to schedule 7 regular season and 3 playoff games for all teams.
- Tentatively, playoffs will be the last 3 weeks of the season.
Online registration opens April 16.
Payments can be made by credit card online or via check - the team fee is $849.72 (including sales tax) - by sending one to us with your team name on the memo line at...
- Attn: Summer Team League
- PO Box 85112
- Seattle, WA 98145
Team fees are due by the close of registration (May 18). If you don't pay by the deadline you won't play in the league. Teams that have not paid the fees in full by the deadline will have their registrations canceled, and their spot in the league may be given to a team on the waitlist. Click here for the DiscNW Payment Policy.
If you have registered and intend to play, but for some reason you can't pay the league fee by the deadline please contact the League Coordinators right away at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will play most games in Seattle this season on the grass Sports Meadow at Magnuson. Some games will be in Shoreline and at other fields in Seattle. Download the Seattle Fields Permit.
- Registration Opens - April 16
- Registration Closes - May 18
- Captains Meeting (virtual) - early June
- Season Starts - Tuesday, June 3 (NO WEEK OFF FROM SPRING SEASON)
- Rosters to be finalized - June 10
- Regular Season Ends - July TBD
- Playoffs - Three weeks starting July TBD, finishing in August
Looking for a team?
In general the DiscNW bulletin boards are a good place to find a team. Some teams post there when looking for players. Free agents also post there when trying to get on a team. There is a very helpful post on the DiscNW bulletin board about getting on a team: http://www.discnw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1157
Additionally, there are some hat events this Summer that are open to registration by individuals:
You can contact the League Coordinators at email@example.com.
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will again be used for the Summer Team League.
More League Rules
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- All games are scheduled for two-hour blocks unless otherwise notified.
- Time cap: @ 20 minutes left in game, add 2 to the highest score and play out. Win by 1. @ 10 minutes left in game, finish the point. Game is over unless it is tied (1 more point is played to determine the winner if tied).
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half.
- One player - one roster! A player can only be listed on one team's roster. This isn't Winter League.
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- This is an adult league in accordance with the DiscNW Team League Participation Policy
- Team captains should bring their own cones to games.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies.
- Dogs and alcohol are not allowed at park facilities.
Don't Be a No-Show
If a team needs to cancel or postpone a game they must notify the League Coordinators and the opposing team's Captains at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the game. Any team that fails to give proper notification of cancellation two times during the season will be denied participation in the playoffs, and given last priority in future seasons.
Please start and end your game on time!!