Summer Team League (2010)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
Summer team league is for new or established coed teams and has something for various skill levels. The league has four divisions, and teams are placed in each division based on their experience to ensure close competition.
Congrats to summer winners!
Champs: Eats, Throws and Leaves
SotG: Genghis Khan Wild
SotG: Young Grasshoppers
Champs: Pan-Galactic Groove Squad
Champs: Huckminster Fuller and the Dymaxion Projection
- This is an all-ages coed league, and all teams should play with a 4 men / 3 women (or 3 / 4 upon negotiation) gender ratio for all games. It is NOT bad spirit to keep play to 4 / 3 or 3 / 4.
- Games will be on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Games will start between 6:15pm and 9:15pm. Most games start at 6:30pm.
- We aim to schedule 7 regular season and 3 playoff games for all teams.
- Playoffs will be the last 3 weeks of the season.
Online registration is now closed.
Payments can be made by credit card online or via check - the team fee is $700 - by sending one to us with your team name on the memo line at...
- Attn: Summer Team League
- PO Box 85112
- Seattle, WA 98145
Team fees were due by the close of registration - May 26. If you don't pay by the deadline you won't play in the league. Teams that have not paid the fees in full by the deadline will have their registrations canceled, and their spot in the league may be given to a team on the waitlist. Click here for the DiscNW Payment Policy.
If you have registered and intend to play, but for some reason you can't pay the league fee by the 26th please contact the League Coordinators right away at .
We will play most games in Seattle this season on the grass Sports Meadow at Magnuson. Some games will be in Shoreline. A few will be at Marymoor. And some will be on brand new fields in Woodinville.
Field permits are here:
- Registration Opens - April 19
- Registration Closes - May 26
- Captains Meeting - early June
- Season Starts - June 8
- Rosters to be finalized - June 25
- Regular Season Ends - July 29
- Playoffs - August 3 - 24
Looking for a team?
In general the DiscNW bulletin boards are a good place to find a team. Some teams post there when looking for players. Free agents also post there when trying to get on a team. There is a very helpful post on the DiscNW bulletin board about getting on a team: http://www.discnw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1157
Additionally, there are some hat events this Summer that are open to registration by individuals:
You can contact the League Coordinators at .
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will again be used for the Summer Team League.
More League Rules
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- One player - one roster! A player can only be listed on one team's roster. This isn't Winter League.
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half.
- Team captains should bring their own cones to games.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies.
- Dogs and alcohol are not allowed at park facilities.
Don't Be a No-Show
If a team needs to cancel or postpone a game they must notify the League Coordinators and the opposing team's Captains at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the game. Any team that fails to give proper notification of cancellation two times during the season will be denied participation in the playoffs, and given last priority in future seasons.
Please start and end your game on time!!