Masters' Hat League (2014)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
It’s summer — time for The Best Ultimate League in the country, DiscNW’s Master’s Hat League. For men and women players over 30, this league continues to be a favorite among “veteran” and “newbies” alike. Mellow play and gender-friendly.
Although we are not officially co-ed, we normally have ~5/2 ratio of men to women (which means, ladies, that you can play friendly non-aggro co-ed disc without playing savage every game!)
LEAGUE FULL. Online registration is closed.
League is fully booked. Pod assignments are final
- All games will be played on Monday evenings at 6:30pm
- The season will start on June 2 and will finish with a 16-pod playoff on July 28
- There will be regular-season play on July 7th (the Monday following Potlatch, the annual "Bring A Ringer Day", details on week one...)
- We will use a pod system for rosters again this year. See below for details about this format.
- Players over 30 may register for the league
- Women are invited to participate, but there is no gender ratio enforced on the field. Our average gender ratio in past years has been 5/2.
All regular-season games will be played on the grass Sports Meadow at Magnuson Park in Seattle. Playoff location is TBD
Online registration is now closed. The registration fee is $54.75 (including sales tax). Payment can be made online or by mailing a check to DiscNW, Attn: Masters Hat, PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145.
In order to increase the variety and fun for a short league. Team pods will be used. In the past Chick Flick and the Spring Men's Hat League has used this model with success.
Rosters - This league will group players in to half-team pods. Each pod will have 8 players each.
Games - Two pods will combine to form one team for a game. For example, first week matchups might include Pods A & B against Pods C & D. On the second week it might be Pods A & C against Pods E & F.
Buddies - As with the Men for All Seasons tournament, friends are encouraged to register together for the league. If you want to play together as a pod (up to 8 people), please name the pod's captain as your "Buddy" on the registration form. Players without buddies or teams will be assigned to teams. Groups that sign up as a pod with less than 8 players will be assigned additional players. 16 pods will comprise the league.
We will be using the 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate for the league.
Any league specific rules will be posted prior to the start of the season.
Please start and finish your games on time!