Summer Coed Hat League (2010)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
Participants in the summer hat league represent a wide range of skills and age groups. Many players who start in Verns league or the High School leagues continue to hone their skills in the summer hat league. The league is geared towards beginner and intermediate-level players, and is a great way to meet new people.
As in past years, there will be a lottery for men.
Games will be on Friday evenings, probably around 6:30pm, though some games may be later.
If you have any questions, !
August 21 — Thank you all for a great Summer Coed Hat League! And congratulations to Butterfingers, 2010 Champions!
Thank you all for making this a great Summer Coed Hat League! I think the spirit scores say it all - only 4 teams had an average score less than 6 with the lowest score 5.78! Abba Zaba was the spirit winner and I can tell you, they had great spirit! Congratulations Abba Zaba!
And congratulations to Butterfingers! They played a hard fought and close game against Now or Laters. At one point the game was tied at 11. Well played Butterfingers! And congratulations to Now or Laters in second and Jawbreakers in Third. Jawbreakers played a close game with the Airheads and won with 14 to 13. Well done all!
Thanks again for a great season.
August 14 — Finals on August 20!
Lots of upsets in the semis. It Now & Laters vs Butterfingers in the finals. Complete schedule here.
August 7 — Next week =
The playoff schedule has been updated.
July 31 — Playoffs are here!
Playoffs begin this week! Here's the schedule.
July 24 — Last week of regular season
The games for July 30 have just been scheduled. Those games are the last games of the regular season. After that, playoffs begin.
During playoffs each team will still have one game each Friday, but (due to field availability constraints) the times and/or locations of the games will start to be variable — keep an eye on the schedule.
June 7 — Teams have been drawn!
The teams have been drawn. Rosters will be posted on the (this) web site in a day or two. (The captains have already been posted.)
The captains’ meeting is this Wednesday. You should all be receiving an email from one of your captains soon after that.
The first game is this Friday! 6:30pm at Magnuson park.
As always, if you have any questions.
|Registration Opens||April 19
|Lottery Deadline||May 14, 11:59pm
|Lottery Results Emailed||by May 17
|Payment Deadline||May 28, 11:59pm|
|Captains’ Meeting||June 9, 6:30pm|
|First Game||June 11, ~6:30pm (*)|
|Playoffs Begin||August 6|
(*) Expect an email from the league around June 9, and an email from your captain(s) shortly after that with further details.
- This is a coed league, and all teams must play with a 4 men :: 3 women gender ratio for all games.
- If you don't have 3 women you'll have to play down.
- We plan to play on synthetic turf fields in Seattle (Magnuson Park) and Shoreline.
- Games will be on Friday evenings, typically at 6:30pm, though some games may be later.
- Playoffs will be the last 3 weeks of the season.
Online registration will open on April 19. The league fee is $50 per player. Payments can be made by check (via mail) or using a credit card (online). Checks should be sent to:
- Attn: Summer Hat League
- PO Box 85112
- Seattle, WA 98145
We plan to use fields in Seattle (Magnuson Park) and Shoreline for the league this year. More details will be posted prior to the season.
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will again be used for Summer Hat League.
Other League Rules
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- The soft time cap is 15 minutes before the end of the game... add 2 points to the highest score and play to that score - win by 1. The hard time cap is at the end of game time... finish the point in progress. If one team is ahead - they win. If the game is tied then play one more point.
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half.
- Team captains should bring their own cones. Give yourself extra time to swap out cones with the previous game.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies.
Please start and end your game on time!!
Note to athletic field users, friends, and families: Dogs are not allowed at organized athletic fields, beaches, or children's play areas in Seattle parks, per the Seattle Municipal Code. They are welcome on leash everywhere else in our park system, and we offer 11 wonderful off-leash areas where they can romp without leashes.
Please do not move park equipment such as soccer goals or bleachers. Please obey all park rules and respect all park property.
On game days please call the DiscNW hotline at 206-781-5840 for updates on field conditions and games. We'll try to update it as early and as often as necessary.
If you have any questions, .