Summer Coed Hat League (2009)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
Participants in the summer hat league represent a wide range of skills and age groups. Many players who start in Verns league or the High School leagues continue to hone their skills in the summer hat league. The league is geared towards beginner and intermediate-level players, and is a great way to meet new people.
As in past years, there will be a lottery for men.
Games will be on Friday evenings, probably around 6:30pm, though some games may be later.
There's currently a waiting list for both men and women (though the women's list is quite short.)
If you have any questions, !
Playoffs Next Week
August 1, 2009: Playoffs begin next week. Please report any unreported games scores ASAP so that we can finalize the seeding. A chart of the playoff brackets is available here.
Also please note that from here on out, the Magnuson games will start at 7:45pm. Start your games promptly — I think the lights go out at 10pm.
Summer's Almost Here!
June 6, 2009: The first game (for everyone) will be this Friday, June 12. Most games will begin at 6:30pm at Magnuson Park (though one game will be at 8:30pm at Hamlin Park.) The rosters and game schedules will be posted (probably) on June 9 — we'll also send out an e-mail around then. The captains’ meeting is on June 10. You should also be receiving an e-mail from one of your team captains sometime after that — probably on Thursday.
May 19, 2009:The men's lottery has just been run. All men who registered by the lottery deadline should have received an e-mail by now with the results. Also, you can always check your bid status on your player page (“created” means you made it off the waiting list.)
If you made the cut, pay your league fees now. If we haven't received payment by May 29, you'll lose your bid.
If you were unlucky in the lottery, don't give up hope. We'll undoubtedly be admitting more men in the next couple of weeks.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, .
|Registration Opens||April 20
|Lottery Deadline||May 15, 11:59pm
|Lottery Results Emailed||by May 18 - done
|Payment Deadline||May 29, 11:59pm|
|Captains’ Meeting||June 10, ~6:00pm|
|First Game||June 12, ~6:30pm (*)|
|No regular games||July 3 (there will be a clinic/pick-up game)|
|Last Regular Season Game||July 31, ~6:30pm|
|Playoffs Begin||August 7|
(*) Expect an email from the league around June 10, and an email from your captain(s) shortly after that with further details.
Note to athletic field users, friends, and families: Dogs are not allowed at organized athletic fields, beaches, or children's play areas in Seattle parks, per the Seattle Municipal Code. They are welcome on leash everywhere else in our park system, and we offer 11 wonderful off-leash areas where they can romp without leashes.
Please do not move park equipment such as soccer goals or bleachers. Please obey all park rules and respect all park property.
On game days please call the DiscNW hotline at 206-781-5840 for updates on field conditions and games. We'll try to update it as early and as often as necessary.
If you have any questions, .
The League Coordinators can be reached for questions or comments at .
- This is a coed league, and all teams must play with a 4 men :: 3 women gender ratio for all games.
- If you don't have 3 women you'll have to play down.
- We plan to play on turf fields in Seattle (Magnuson Park) and Shoreline.
- Games will be on Friday evenings, typically at 6:30pm, though some games may be later.
- Playoffs will be the last 3 weeks of the season.
Online registration will open on April 20. The league fee is $45 per player. Save $10 if you also register for Field Day, a one-day hat tournament on September 12.
Payments can be made by check (via mail) or using a credit card (online). Checks should be sent to:
- Attn: Summer Hat League
- PO Box 85112
- Seattle, WA 98145
We plan to use fields in Seattle (Magnuson Park) and Shoreline for the league this year. More details will be posted prior to the season.
- Registration Opens - April 20
- Registration Closes - May15
- Captains Meeting - early June
- Season Starts - June 12
- Regular Season Ends - July 31
- Playoffs - August 7-21
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will again be used for Summer Hat League.
Other League Rules
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- The soft time cap is 15 minutes before the end of the game... add 2 points to the highest score and play to that score - win by 1. The hard time cap is at the end of game time... finish the point in progress. If one team is ahead - they win. If the game is tied then play one more point.
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half.
- Team captains should bring their own cones. Give yourself extra time to swap out cones with the previous game.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies.
Please start and end your game on time!!