Summer Coed Hat League (2008)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
Participants in the summer hat league represent a wide range of skills and age groups. Many players who start in Verns league or the High School leagues continue to hone their skills in the summer hat league. The league is geared towards beginner and intermediate-level players, and is a great way to meet new people.
Congratulations to Saucy Pans and Spork!
Saucy Pans defeated Spork in the finals, making them the league champions. Congratulations!
The players of Spork, however, have no reason to be ashamed, having won this seasons spirit award (which, in a case of silver-being-better-than-gold, apparently includes a wonderful gift from our sponsors.)
Thank you all for playing this Summer!
|Registration Opens||Sometime in April
|Lottery Deadline||May 14, 11:59pm|
|Lottery Results Emailed||by May 16|
|Payment Deadline||May 28, 11:59pm|
|Captains’ Meeting||June 11, 6:00pm|
|First Game||June 13, 6:30pm, Magnuson Park (*)|
|Last Regular Season Game||August 1, 6:30pm — Lastgame at Magnuson!|
|Playoffs Begin||August 8, in Shoreline!|
(*) Expect an email from the league around June 9 or 10, and an email from your captain(s) on June 12 with further details.
Note to athletic field users, friends, and families: Dogs are not allowed at organized athletic fields, beaches, or children's play areas in Seattle parks, per the Seattle Municipal Code. They are welcome on leash everywhere else in our park system, and we offer 11 wonderful off-leash areas where they can romp without leashes.
Please do not move park equipment such as soccer goals or bleachers. Please obey all park rules and respect all park property.
On game days please call the DiscNW hotline at 206-781-5840 for updates on field conditions and games. We'll try to update it as early and as often as necessary.
If you have any questions, .
The League Coordinators (Jeff Dairiki, Sandra Distefano and Wayne Ohlrich) can be reached for questions or comments at .
- This is a coed league, and all teams must play with a 4 men :: 3 women gender ratio for all games.
- If you don't have 3 women you'll have to play down.
- We plan to play on grass fields in Seattle (Magnuson Park) and Shoreline.
- Games will be on Friday evenings, typically at 6:30pm, though some games may be later.
- Playoffs will be the last 3 weeks of the season.
Online registration will open on April 28. The league fee is $40 per player. Payments can be made by check (via mail) or on-line using a credit card online. Checks should be sent to:
- Attn: Summer Hat League
- PO Box 85112
- Seattle, WA 98145
We plan to use fields in Seattle (Magnuson Park) and Shoreline for the league this year. More details will be posted prior to the season.
- Registration Opens - April 28
- Registration Closes - late May
- Captains Meeting - early June
- Season Starts - June 13
- Regular Season Ends - August 1
- Playoffs - August 8-22
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will again be used for Summer Hat League.
Other League Rules
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- The soft time cap is 15 minutes before the end of the game... add 2 points to the highest score and play to that score - win by 1. The hard time cap is at the end of game time... finish the point in progress. If one team is ahead - they win. If the game is tied then play one more point.
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half.
- Team captains should bring their own cones. Give yourself extra time to swap out cones with the previous game.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies.
Please start and end your game on time!!