Summer Corporate League (2007)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
The corporate league is for teams comprised of employees from a company who want to play other companies. Some companies sponsor their teams' league fees. The league has a wide range of skill levels but is primarily for beginners who want to have fun with their work colleagues.
Finals to be held Wednesday, August 22nd at South Park at 6:30. The top two teams will compete in a full game, and the remaining teams will compete in a Mini tournament.
On game days please call the DiscNW hotline at 206-781-5840 for updates on field conditions and games. We'll try to update it as early and as often as necessary.
Note to athletic field users, friends, and families: Dogs are not allowed at organized athletic fields, beaches, or children's play areas in Seattle parks, per the Seattle Municipal Code. They are welcome on leash everywhere else in our park system, and we offer 11 wonderful off-leash areas where they can romp without leashes.
You can contact the League Coordinators with questions or comments at .
- This is a coed league, and all teams must play with a 4 men :: 3 women gender ratio for all games.
- If you don't have 3 women you'll have to play down.
- We will be playing on grass and turf fields in Seattle and Shoreline.
- Games will be on Wednesdays.
- There will be no officially scheduled games on July 4th, though fields are available for makeup games or scrimmages.
- Games will start between 6:30pm and 7:30pm.
- There will be 9 weeks of regular play, with pickup and/or showcase games and social even on the 10th week
The league fee is $550 per team. There will be a $50 late fee for teams not paid by the close of registration. Payments can be made by credit card online or via check by sending one to us with your team name on the memo line at...
- Attn: Summer Corporate League
- PO Box 85112
- Seattle, WA 98145
Please note: We will do our best to accommodate all schedule requests. However, please limit your requests. We will not be able to schedule you for a full slate of games if you have a lot of requests.
We have fields in Seattle booked for the league this year. We'll be on grass at Magnuson and South Park. There will also be a few games on turf at Marymoor and on grass in Shoreline.
- Registration Opens - early April
- Registration Closes - May 30
- Captains Meeting - June 7
- Season Starts - June 13
- Regular Season Ends - August 15
- End of Season Event - August 22
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate has been approved by a vote of the UPA membership. The DiscNW Leagues Committee has decided to use these rules for all DiscNW events in 2007. DiscNW will provide Summer Corp League Captains with a complimentary rule book at the Captains Meeting. We also advise all players to review the online documents to familiarize themselves with the new changes.
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- The soft time cap is 15 minutes before the end of the game... add 2 points to the highest score and play to that score - win by 1. The hard time cap is at the end of game time... finish the point in progress. If one team is ahead - they win. If the game is tied then play one more point.
- No footblocks, except by arrangement with the opposing captain.
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- Teams may consist of employees of the sponsor company and their family members/significant others, unaffiliated individuals will be considered pickups (see below)
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half.
- Team captains should bring their own cones. Give yourself extra time to swap out cones with the previous game.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies.
- Dangerous play, especially in the case of size mismatches, will not be tolerated.
Please start and end your game on time!!