Spring Middle School League (2009)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
Congratulations to the following winners:
A Pool Spirit: Hyla
B Pool Spirit: Evergreen
C Pool Spirit: Hamlin Robinson
A, B, and C Division Champions: Asa Mercer!
This co-ed league is open to middle school-based teams (grades 6-8, public or private).
Jeff Jorgenson is your 2009 Spring Middle School League Coordinator.
Normally there are two divisions--one with mid-week games (schools use their own fields) and one with Saturday games (fields provided by DiscNW). The league fee for the mid-week division is lower than that for the Saturday division.
Furthermore, there are also pools in each division for skill and age. Generally, the A pool is reserved for 8th grade teams or teams of high skill. The B pool is reserved for 7th grade teams or teams of moderate skill. The C pool is reserved for 6th grade teams or novice teams. Please see the Rules section below for guidelines regarding pools.
- January 1: Registration Opens. League fees announced.
- February 7: Registration closes. League fees due.
- February 17: Schedule announced.
- March 14: First games.
- May 9 & 16: Playoffs
Registration is now closed. League fees are $300 for the weekend division, and $150 for the weekday division. If you are not able to pay the league fees by the end of registration, please email the League Coordinator at the address above to communicate your payment needs.
If you are a weekday division team, please register below, but do not pay online (unless you want to donate an extra $150 to youth!). Unfortunately, our website is not currently equipped to handle two different league fees; therefore, weekday division teams must send your payment by check to the following address:
- Northwest Ultimate Association
- c/o 2009 Middle School Spring League
- PO Box 85112
- Seattle, WA 98145
Please check the hotline before heading out to your games each Saturday, because conditions may change. DiscNW Hotline: 206-781-5840
|Seattle Ultimate Camps will provide the following sessions in 2009:
Discs. Youth teams are eligible to purchase DiscNW logo discs at $6 each. Please contact Wynne Scherf, , for more information.
There will be a mandatory coaches' meeting on a weeknight prior to the start of the league. Topics will include league logistics, schedules, rules, and expectations of coaches.
- This league uses the UPA 11th Edition rules.
- All teams are required to have an adult coach present at all games.
- All league-specific rules were outlined at the coaches' meeting. If you did not receive a copy of the meeting minutes, please contact your League Coordinator at the email address listed above.
- All players on one team must attend the same school. Please review the DiscNW Eligibility Rules for more information. All exceptions must be approved by the Eligibility Committee.
- Schools with more than one team must register one of their teams for the A pool. Their other team(s) may play in any bracket. This ensures that the pools are all approximately the same size.
- Teams may be comprised of players from multiple grades. However, teams with 8th graders and no 6th graders must register for the A pool. Also, teams with 8th graders may not register for the C pool.
- All players must complete a DiscNW waiver prior to participating in any league games.