Elementary School Coed Spring League (2013)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
Congratulations to the League Champions!
- Spirit of the Game: Olympic View, with a perfect 5!
- Division A Champ: Three Cedars Waldorf
- Division B Champ: Seattle Country Day School Green
- Division C Champ: Seattle Waldorf School
- Division D Champ: Evergreen B
- Division E Champ: Thurgood Marshall B
This coed league is open to elementary school-based teams (grades 3-5), public or private. There will be 2-3 divisions to accommodate different age levels (please see recommended division guidelines). Teams can expect to play 6-8 regular season games, plus 1-3 playoff games.
Games are on Saturdays on fields throughout the greater Seattle region. Most games will probably be in north Seattle, but we will try to schedule some games in south and/or west Seattle occasionally to accommodate teams from those locations.
- December 28: Registration Opens.
- February 5:
- February 10: Registration closes. League fees due.
- February 18: Schedule announced.
- March 8: League paperwork due.
- March 13: Coaches' Meeting, 6pm, Northgate Library (10548 Fifth Ave. N.E., Seattle, WA 98125).
- March 16: First games.
- May 12: All spirit and game scores should be reported. Teams with missing scores will not participate in post-season play.
- May 15 or Earlier: Playoffs schedule announced.
- May 18: Playoffs.
Read responses to frequently-asked questions by clicking on the FAQ link at the top of this page. Question still not answered? Email your League Coordinator and DiscNW staff at the contact email at the top of this page.
League fees are $265 per team. Teams should pay their league fees at the time of registration. Financial aid is available.
Click here for paperwork requirements.
If registration is open, a "Register Now" link will be available directly below this sentence.
Interest in Elementary School Jamboree?
DiscNW is considering a Sunday or weekday afternoon jamboree targeted at younger elementary school teams who are unlikely to travel to or play at Spring Reign. If this would be of interest to your team, please contact DiscNW's Director of Youth Operations Wynne Scherf at ; If there are four interested teams, we will move forward with planning.
League Volunteers and Staff Sought
DiscNW is seeking a league coordinator and field monitors for this event. If you are interested in serving in either of these positions, please contact
- The League Coordinator is responsible for handling league communications, assisting with scheduling, helping with eligibility and financial aid decisions, coordinating and supervising field monitors, enforcing league policies, monitoring some fields, and writing a post-season report. The position requires about 0-30 minutes daily from December 18 through May 20, plus 0-12 hours on Saturdays from March 16 through May 18 for monitoring fields. Additionally, extra time will be required from February 6 through 16 for writing schedules and participating in eligibility and financial aid committee decisions.
- Field Monitors are responsible for setting up cones at playfields, monitoring teams and spectators for safety, canceling games for poor field conditions, resolving conflicts with other field users, resolving disputes between coaches, offering rules clarifications, keeping time for games, implementing evacuation plans as needed, enforcing DiscNW and park policies, cleaning up after games, dealing with other miscellaneous logistics onsite, and communicating issues with League Coordinator and DiscNW staff. Monitors work 4-12 hours on Saturdays from March 16 through May 18 and may be responsible for several leagues' games.
Please bring field permits to all of your games as proof of our reservation. You may need to show this to other users if we do not have a DiscNW field supervisor on site.