Elementary School Coed Spring League (2011)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
Congratulations to the following champions:
Spirit of the Game: University Cooperative School A
A Division: Wallingford
B Division: SCDS 5th Grade
C Division: Whittier
D Division: Hamlin Robinson
This coed league is open to elementary school-based teams (grades 3-5), public or private. There will be 2-3 divisions for skill and experience.
Regular season games are on Saturdays at South Park.
Tim Garlock is your League Coordinator.
- December 14: Registration Opens.
- February 13: Registration closes. League fees due.
- February 21: Schedule announced.
- March 15: Coaches' meeting (6:30pm, Fremont Library).
- March 19: First games.
- May 16: All spirit and game scores should be reported. Teams with missing scores will not participate in post-season play.
- May 21: Playoffs.
Read responses to frequently-asked questions by clicking on the FAQ link at the top of this page. Question still not answered? Email your League Coordinator Tim Garlock at the contact email at the top of this page.
League fees are $250 per team and should be paid at the time of registration. Scholarships are available.
Fields in Seattle will be used for the league. Permits for field reservations are here.
Please refer to the coaches' meeting minutes for all league rules and guidelines.
- This league uses the Official Rules of Ultimate, 11th Edition.
- The on-field gender ratio for this league is 4 boys: 3 girls.
- All players on a team must attend the same school. All exceptions must be approved by the Eligibility Committee. Please refer to the Eligibility Rules for details and for information on this process. Note that the Eligibility Rules have been revised for 2011.
- Teams are required to have an adult coach present at all games.
- Please follow all park rules. This includes no dogs on athletic fields, and no food on synthetic fields. Please follow these and all other park rules, or we could lose our field privileges.
- In order to be eligible for post-season play, a team must report all of its game scores and Spirit scores promptly. Scores for the entire season must be reported no later than 9am on the Monday following the last Saturday of regular play (so, Monday May 16).
- All other league-specific rules will be outlined at the coaches' meeting. Minutes will be provided after the meeting.
The following paperwork is due before the first game is played:
- All players must complete a DiscNW Waiver prior to participating in any league games. Please note that this is a new waiver for 2011. Please make sure you are signing the waiver that states it was "Revised December 2010" in the header.
- All coaches will be required to sign a Coaching Code of Conduct form, which outlines coaches' responsibilities while participating in DiscNW events, and which signifies that they have been educated as to the nature and risk of concussions and head injuries.
- Each team must submit a team roster. You may use the DiscNW roster form or the roster may be in your own format, but it must include the name of the event, the year of the event, the school and team names, and the full names, grades, and genders of all players.