Elementary School Coed Spring League (2010)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
Congratulations to the following league winners!
Spirit Award: Wallingford Disc Deluxe
A Division Champs: SCDS 5th Grade
B Division Champs: Ultimate Bees
C Division Champs: SCDS 4th Grade
For more results, visit the playoff brackets, which are updated with final scores.
Thanks to everyone for a truly enjoyable season! We hope to see you again next year.
This coed league is open to elementary school-based teams (grades 3-5), public or private. There will be 2-3 divisions for skill and experience.
Games will be on Saturdays at South Park Playfield. There may be a few games at Magnuson Park on April 3.
Tim Garlock is your League Coordinator.
- January 1: Registration Opens.
- February 7: Registration closes. League fees due.
- February 14: Schedule announced.
- March 13: First games.
- May 15: Playoffs
Read responses to frequently-asked questions by clicking on the FAQ link at the top of this page. Question still not answered? Email your League Coordinator at the contact email at the top of this page.
League fees are $200 per team. Scholarships are available.
Registration is now closed.
UPDATE: Saturday March 13 8am: All Spring Youth League games are on. Check the hotline closer to game time in case conditions change 206-781-5840.
Click here to read the minutes from the February 25 coaches' meeting.
The Season is almost here! To get all the information you'll need for a fun season; There will be a mandatory coaches meeting held on Feb. 25 at 7:30 PM at Explorer West Middle School. The address is 10015 28th Ave SW, Seattle.
Here is our field permit. Your field supervisor should have a copy of this, but just in case, we recommend you print it and bring it to all games. In case of a conflict with another field user, you can use this permit when negotiating a solution.
There will be a mandatory coaches' meeting on a weeknight prior to the start of the league. It will be held on Thursday Feb. 25 at 7:30 pm at Explorer West Middle School, located at 10015 28th Ave SW, Seattle. Topics will include league logistics, schedules, rules, expectations of coaches, and management of head injuries.
- This league uses the Official Rules of Ultimate, 11th Edition.
- The on-field gender ratio for this league is 4 boys: 3 girls.
- All players on a team must attend the same school. Please review the DiscNW Eligibility Rules for more information. All exceptions must be approved by the Eligibility Committee.
- Teams are required to have an adult coach present at all games.
- Please follow all park rules. This includes no dogs on any Seattle athletic fields. It does not matter if your dog is leashed or unleashed. Please follow this and other park rules, or we could lose our field privileges.
- In order to be eligible for post-season play, a team must report all of its game scores and Spirit scores promptly. Scores for the entire season must be reported no later than 9am on the Monday following the last Saturday of regular play (so, Monday May 10).
- All other league-specific rules will be outlined at the coaches' meeting. Minutes will be provided after the meeting.
- All players must complete a DiscNW waiver prior to participating in any league games. There will be a new DiscNW waiver form for 2010, which will comply with the new Zackery Lystedt Law. The new waiver form will be emailed to all league coaches by February 12.
- All coaches will be required to sign a coaches' code of conduct, which outlines coaches' responsibilities while participating in DiscNW events, and which signifies that they have been educated as to the nature and risk of concussions and head injuries. This form will be provided by February 12.
- Team rosters may be required this year. More information will be provided by email by February 12.