Spring Team League (2012)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
Spring team league provides a venue for adult coed teams at all levels to play in a competitive league. The league is divided into pools based on ability, so whether you are one of the best teams in town, or a group of relative newcomers, you can expect close games at your level. At the end of the season, all teams participate in league playoffs with bragging rights for the year at stake.
The DiscNW Annual Meeting will take place on Sunday, June 3 in the Brig, in conjunction with the Spring League Playoffs. Please plan to drop by to enjoy some refreshments and interact with DiscNW board and staff.
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will be used again this spring.
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- Time cap: @ 20 minutes left in game, add 2 to the highest score and play out. Win by 1. @ 10 minutes left in game, finish the point. Game is over unless it is tied (1 more point is played to determine the winner if tied).
- Gender ratio is 4:3 men:women. If you don't have 3 women you'll have to play down.
- A division is offense calls 4:3 or 3:4.
- All crossover games (games between teams in different divisions) will use the 4:3 ratio, even if an A division team is playing.
- Foot-blocks: yes
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- One player - one roster! A player can only be listed on one team's roster. This isn't Winter League. The coach rule does not apply in Spring League.
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 2 timeouts (90 seconds) per half; mirror half. Timeouts (90 seconds) are allowed during a game cap.
- Team captains should bring their own cones. Give yourself extra time to swap out cones with the previous game.
- This is an adult league in accordance with the DiscNW Team League Participation Policy
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies.
- Payment Policy
- Pickup Player Rules
- Event Refund Policy
- Roster Policy
- Team League Participation Policy
- Cancelation Policy
Please start and end your game on time!!
Note to athletic field users, friends, and families: Dogs are not allowed at organized athletic fields, beaches, or children's play areas in Seattle, Shoreline, and Redmond parks. They are welcome on leash everywhere else in the park system, and there are other off-leash areas where they can romp without leashes. Please leave your pets at home on game days!
Note to athletic field users, friends, and families: Alcohol is not allowed at organized athletic fields, beaches, or children's play areas in Seattle, Shoreline, and Redmond parks.