Spring Team League (2007)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
Spring team league provides a venue for coed teams at all levels to play in a competitive league. The league is divided into pools based on ability, so whether you are one of the best teams in town, or a group of relative newcomers, you can expect close games at your level. At the end of the season, all teams participate in league playoffs with bragging rights for the year at stake.
Posted schedules are final.
Note to athletic field users, friends, and families: Dogs are not allowed at organized athletic fields, beaches, or children's play areas in Seattle parks, per the Seattle Municipal Code. They are welcome on leash everywhere else in our park system, and we offer 11 wonderful off-leash areas where they can romp without leashes.
Please call the DiscNW hotline at 206-781-5840 for updates on field conditions and games. We'll try to update it as early and as often as necessary.
Christina Witteman and Bert Hargesheimer are your 2007 Spring League Coordinators. You can contact them with questions or comments at .
- All games will be played on Sundays starting on March 11th and ending on May 19th.
- Playoffs will be on the weekend of June 2-3.
- Gender ratio is 4:3 men:women. If you don't have 3 women you'll have to play down.
- Specifics about playing by offense calls gender rules were be discussed at the Captains Meeting. Basically: if both teams have a lot of women consider going 4:3/3:4. If both teams only have three women consider going 4:3/5:2 before going all 5:2 all the time.
Online registration is now closed. Team fees will remain at $550 for the 2007 season. There is a $50 late fee for teams not paid by the Captain's Meeting.
Please note: We will do our best to accommodate all schedule requests. However, please limit your weekend off request to a max of 3. Any more than that and we will not be able to schedule you for a full slate of games (we're aiming to get 12 regular season games per team again in 2007).
Payment is accepted online. Checks are also accepted. Mail payment to...
- Attn: Spring League
- PO Box 85112
- Seattle, WA 98145
Magnuson! All games in March and April will be played on the newly resurfaced fields at Magnuson Park. Welcome back home, ultimate lovers. Some games in May will be played at Magnuson (maybe all of them - we'll know soon). Others will be at South Park, Marymoor, and Soundview Lower. Playoffs will probably be somewhat scattered on Saturday - currently we have fields booked on turf in Shoreline. All playoff games on Sunday will be on grass at Marymoor.
To download the fields schedule xls click here.
- Registration Opens - February 2
- Registration Closes - February 28
- Captains Meeting - March 6 - Greenlake Library - 6:30pm
- Season Starts - March 11
- Regular Season Ends - May 19
- Playoffs - June 2-3
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate has been approved by a vote of the UPA membership. The DiscNW Leagues Committee has decided to use these rules for all DiscNW events in 2007. DiscNW will provide Spring League Captains with a complimentary rule book at the Captains Meeting. We also advise all players to review the online documents to familiarize themselves with the new changes.
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- The soft time cap is 15 minutes before the end of the game... add 2 points to the highest score and play to that score - win by 1. The hard time cap is at the end of game time... finish the point in progress. If one team is ahead - they win. If the game is tied then play one more point.
- Foot-blocks: yes
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- One player - one roster! A player can only be listed on one team's roster. This isn't Winter League.
- Rosters must be entered by Sunday, March 18th.
- Additions/changes are allowed until April 29th.
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half.
- Team captains should bring their own cones. Give yourself extra time to swap out cones with the previous game.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies.
Please start and end your game on time!!