Slog in the Bog (2007)
- Event Type
- Team Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
Slog is the Bog is an annual charity one day tournament benefiting DiscNW youth ultimate efforts. Known for its fabulous spread of food and drink as well as uncertain weather (Snow? Rain? Sleet? Sun?) the tournament is a chance for your team to shake off the cobwebs and get ready for spring league.
There is no planned social event in conjunction with Slog in the Bog. However, tournament staff reccommends El Gitano for genuine Mexican food and a guaranteed good time. Thirsty folks should consider heading down the road a bit for some fine micro brews at the Skagit River Brew Pub in Mt. Vernon. Enjoy responsibly!
Teams with bids so far...
- Good Times! - Host team
- Guard, Seize Them! - paid
- BHS Ultimate - confirmed
- Questionable Fowl - paid
- icyHot - paid
- Discharge - paid
- Contrafuctus - paid
- Off Constantly - paid
- Fifty Sharp Teeth - paid
- DOC - paid
- ALLCAPS - paid
- Crunk Juice - paid
Regisgtration is now closed. Contact the to get on the waitlist.
Please let us know if you have questions.
- What: 12 to 16 teams at Slog in the Bog
- When: Saturday, March 10th, 2007
- Who: You and your (Spring League, Winter League, Alumni, etc.) coed team
- Where: Burlington, WA. Skagit River Park.
Online registration did open on January 26th and will close on March 3. Team fees are $200. We will accept payment by credit card and by check. Check payments should be mailed to:
DiscNWFirst paid - first served! Registration closes on Saturday, March 3rd. Full payment is also due by Saturday, March 3rd.
Attn: Slog in the Bog
P.O. Box 85112
Seattle, WA, 98145
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate has been approved by a vote of the UPA membership. The DiscNW Leagues Committee has decided to use these rules for all DiscNW events in 2007. DiscNW will provide Slog Captains with a complimentary rule book at the Captains Meeting. We also advise all players to review the online documents to familiarize themselves with the new changes.
Comments, questions, complaints about this decision should be directed to the Executive Director at .
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- The soft time cap is 15 minutes before the end of the game... add 2 points to the highest score and play to that score - win by 1. The hard time cap is at the end of game time... finish the point in progress. If one team is ahead - they win. If the game is tied then play one more point.
- Foot-blocks: yes
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half.
Please start and end your game on time!!