Riot Women's Clinic (2014)
- Event Type
- Event Start
- Event End
REGISTER NOW!! Click the blue button above!
Sunday, June 15th
9AM-3PM (Check In and Day of Registration begins at 8:30AM)
Magnuson Sport Meadow
YOU! Your friends! Your moms and aunts! and Seattle Riot hang out and play Ultimate all day! Or for half the day!
Returning sessions include: Learn to Layout! Ultimate 101! Reindeer Games! and more!
Want to see a new speciality clinic out there? Let us know in your registration!
2014 Women's Ultimate Frisbee Clinic
The Seattle women's team, Riot, is once again partnering with DiscNW to offer the 19th annual skills clinic for women and girls of all ages, experience and skill level. We'll spend a day focusing on skills and strategies appropriate to every level of ultimate play. Whether you are brand spankin' new or a seasoned vet, we've got something for you! Registration includes a free disc and a yummy lunch. So, bring your rain gear (just in case) and cleats and join us for a fun community event!
Seattle Riot formed in 2000 and has won World Club Championship (2002) and UPA Club Championship (2004 & 2005) titles. We play both to be the best ultimate team in the world and to display the highest level of spirit. Riot is dedicated to supporting the Seattle ultimate community and encouraging the participation of girls in ultimate by coaching juniors and college teams and offering clinics. The Women's Clinic is one of Riot's primary fundraisers for the year. Proceeds go directly to the high cost of fields and tournaments. Seattle Riot appreciates your support!
Follow these instructions to do so, if your player has participated in any DiscNW sponsored leagues this year, you do not have to do this again!
Step One: Create Player Accounts
Before adding players to their event rosters, coaches should ask parents to confirm that their children have a current player account at the new www.discnw.org. Once a player has a current account at www.discnw.org, the player's name and email will auto-fill when the coach adds him/her to the roster. Further, this will ensure that the child’s true account will be connected to the team and event and that they will be able to sign the required waivers online.
Here are account creation instructions for parents:
- First, create an account for the parent.
- Go to www.discnw.org
- Click “New Account” in the upper right corner.
- Enter all required information for the parent and click “Create Account.”
- Now that the parent has created an account, a child account can be created.
- If step A was just completed, the parent should be on his or her "Your Profile" page. If not, click on the "Hello [Name]" button in the upper right corner and select "Your Profile."
- Click on “Edit Profile."
- Select “Add child” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter all required information for the child and click “Save.”
Step Two: Sign Player Waivers
If the first and second steps above have been completed correctly, players will find the link to sign the e-waiver by checking their "Reminders" on the new DiscNW website. To find and complete an e-waiver using the "Reminders" feature, the player or parent should follow these instructions:
- Log in to the player's discnw.org account.
- Click on the bell icon at the top-right corner of the web page, then click on the "Reminders" link.
- Look for the "Unsigned Waivers" section and click on the "Sign Now" button. This will take the signer to the first waiver that needs to be signed.
- Read the waiver and type the appropriate name (parent or player) in the box at the bottom of the page to accept the terms of the waiver.
- Once the first waiver is signed, the website will automatically navigate the user to the next waiver upon which a signature is required, until all waivers have been signed.
If a player does not have online access to sign an electronic waiver, click here for a paper copy.
Coaches can check their players' waiver status by following these instructions:
- Login to your DiscNW account.
- Go to the Middle School Spring League webpage.
- Click the "Registration" tab near the top of the page, and select the appropriate team.
- Make sure you are on the "Waivers" tab. You will see a thumbs up for those who have signed the waivers, and a thumbs down for those who haven't yet signed or completed the waivers.