Field Day (2013)
- Event Type
- Hat Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
This hat jamboree is a fundraising event to support the Youth Development Fund. The Youth Development Fund provides support for activities and initiatives for youth from underserved populations. Examples include free or inexpensive youth Ultimate events and clinics, financial aid for DiscNW youth events, introduction of Ultimate to new youth groups, and more.
A Place for Everyone to Play
Everyone--from seasoned veterans to beginners, young and old--is encouraged to play in this fun event! Bring your friends, parents, nieces, and nephews and introduce them to this awesome sport while supporting DiscNW's youth ultimate programming throughout the region.
We will have two divisions of play:
- The Competitors' division will be for experienced players - both adults and high school aged youth. The minimum age is TBD based on registrations, but for safety reasons, it will be no less than 15.
- The Family and Friends division will be an intergenerational division, with teams made up of youth (minimum 2012/13 grade 3) and adults. In the intergenerational division, games will have youth-only points alternating with adult-only points. Beginners are welcome in this division! Experienced players may sign up for either division.
In addition to the Ultimate games in the morning, we will provide a picnic lunch and carnival/skills games in the afternoon. . .with prizes!
The event will take place from 9:30am to 2:30pm at Magnuson Park Sports Meadow. Players should arrive at 9am to warm up and sign in.
Fees are dependent upon when a player's registration is received:
- $35 for registrations by June 3
- $40 for registrations between June 4 and noon on June 7.
- $45 for registrations on the day of the event.
We will also offer a $35/person fee to families of 3 or more registering at any time. If your family is registering after June 3, please mail a check to DiscNW to avoid paying the steeper, late registration fee online, and to prevent DiscNW from paying fees to the Parks department for collecting payments at the field. The DiscNW address is at PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145.
Five Ultimate is sponsoring Field Day! Look forward to some fun prizes for the field/skill games!
Division A: All players must be 15 years or older. We may set an older age minimum if registrations permit. All players under 18 years of age must have a signed waiver on file with DiscNW.
Division B: Players of all ages are welcome. All players under 18 must have a signed waiver on file with DiscNW. Hat teams will be constructed so that there are at least 7 adults and 7 youth per team. Youth and adults will NOT play during the same points. Instead, teams will play youth-only points alternating with adult-only points.
No gender ratio.
Hard cap at 60 minutes. No soft cap.
Games to 11 points.
No dogs on the playfields.