Fall Team League (2016)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
The Fall Team League is for new or established coed teams. Teams are divided into six divisions based on ability so that opponents exhibit a similar level of play.
August 29: the fall league schedule is now posted, but we may continue to make adjustments to some games.
August 28: fall team league will have a record 56 teams this season! The schedule will be posted soon.
August 21: 50 teams have registered for fall team league - we have room for just 4 more. Sign up asap if you haven't yet!
August 5: Registration is now open!
September 18: Note for games today on Marymoor 5A & 5B: This is the synthetic soccer/baseball field just west of soccer fields 1 & 2. The field is just behind the Subway stand.
October 12: Some seriously gnarly weather is forecast for this weekend. Stay tuned for news about game status.
October 13: We are watching the forecast closely, and we will post an announcement on Friday (tomorrow) with an update about this weekend's games.
October 14: Fall Team League games for October 15 are CANCELLED due to high wind/storm advisory.
Over the last few years registrations for Fall Team League have grown tremendously. In 2012 there were 43 teams, in 2013 there were 45, and in 2014 there were 48 and 4 more on the waitlist. Last fall, there were 53! This year we have room for 54 teams.
In order to ensure that teams have fair access to register, we now require prompt payment in order to secure your team's bid. This fall, teams must submit payment in full within 3 days of completing the online registration. After 3 days, unpaid teams will be moved to the waitlist. Those teams may be re-admitted and given an additional 3 days to pay pending approval from the League Coordinators.
So, please submit payment soon after completing the registration form.
If you get bumped to the waitlist, email the League Coordinators about getting re-accepted.
- This is a coed league, and all teams must play with a 4 men : 3 women gender ratio for all games.
- Games will be on Saturdays from early September - mid November.
- Playoffs will be the last 3 weeks of the season.
- There will be 6 divisions of play based on team skill level depending on registration.
- Teams are guaranteed 7 regular season games but may have 8. The playoff schedule will depend on final registration numbers.
- August 5: Registration opens
- August 23: Registration closes. Last day to submit bye requests
- August 27-28: Washington Men's, Women's, Mixed Sectionals
- August 30-ish: Schedule posted
- September 3: First day of games (Labor Day weekend)
- September 10-11: Northwest Men's, Women's, Mixed Regionals
- September 17: Geofest (Lacey, WA)
- October 22-23: Pumpkin Pull (Victoria, BC)
- October 29-30: Hanford Howl (Richland, WA)
- TBD: Hopu
- October 29, November 5, November 12: Playoffs
We will use mostly synthetic turf fields in Seattle, Redmond, and Shoreline for the league this year. A few games may be on grass in Shoreline. Games will be scheduled to start between 10 am and 7:30pm on Saturdays; most will be played in the evening. Check the field permits here:
Online registration for teams will open Friday, August 5. Registration does not mean an automatic acceptance of your team into the league.
The team fee is $868.58 (includes sales tax). Payment may be made online or by mailing a check to DiscNW, Attn: Fall Team League, PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145. If paying by mail you must e-mail the league coordinators.
Looking for a Team?
Are you a player in search of a team for the season? Your best bet is to post a note on the bulletin boards. See this post for helpful hints.
The 2016 fall team league is coordinated by Steff Neff and Pete Hornyack, with scheduling assistance from Dan Leventhal. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the League Rules tab for information about the Fall Team League.