Fall Team League (2015)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
- Seattle, WA
The Fall Team League is for new or established coed teams. Teams are divided into four divisions based on ability so that opponents exhibit a similar level of play.
UPDATE: Online registration will open on Friday, August 7.
UPDATE - August 11: There are 31 bids so far for Fall League 2015! All but 5 are paid. Get your bid and payment in now to secure your spot.
UPDATE: Registration is full. All new registrations are being waitlisted. We are trying to find more space to fit everyone, so get on the waitlist if you still want to play.
UPDATE: Registration will close on August 26. As noted above - all new registrations are being waitlisted. We are still trying to find more space to fit everyone, so get on the waitlist if you still want to play.
UPDATE - October 10 - 6:13AM: At this time, games on the grass field at Hamlin are still on. We will update the hotline (206-504-DISC) and the DiscNW Twitter if there are any changes.
UPDATE - October 10 - 8:21AM: There is no change in game status for today. Games at Hamlin are on today at the captains' discretion - if the grass has standing water or muddy areas please stop play to avoid damage. Otherwise - have fun and be safe out there!
UPDATE: October 10 - 10:50 am: Hamlin 11 am, 1pm and 3 pm games cancelled due to rain.
UPDATE: October 30 - 6:30 pm: Hamlin games on Oct 31 cancelled due to rain. Captains will get info from coordinators on potential time slots at 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm tomorrow night.
UPDATE: November 6 - 3:00 pm: Please note game change information for Seattle Chicago Bulls, B.A.B.R., Skadoosh, Fools and Horses, Tongue & Grüv, (p)Terodactyl Dance Party, Cascadia Subduction Zone, and Barrel of Monkeys
- Tongue & Grüv vs (p)Terodactyl Dance Party -- https://www.discnw.org/events/
- Cascadia Subduction Zone vs Barrel of Monkeys -- https://www.discnw.org/events/
- Seattle Chicago Bulls vs B.A.B.R -- https://www.discnw.org/events/
- Skadoosh vs Fools and Horses -- https://www.discnw.org/events/
Over the last few seasons, interest in the Fall Team League has grown. In 2012 there were 43 teams, and in 2013 there were 45. Last fall, there were 48 and 4 more on the waitlist.
In order to ensure that teams have fair access to register, we now require prompt payment in order to secure your team's bid. This fall, teams must submit payment in full within 3 days of completing the online registration. After 3 days, unpaid teams will be moved to the waitlist. Those teams may be re-admitted and given an additional 3 days to pay pending approval from the League Coordinators.
So, please submit payment soon after completing the registration form.
If you get bumped to the waitlist, email the League Coordinators about getting re-accepted.
- This is a coed league, and all teams must play with a 4 men : 3 women gender ratio for all games.
- Games will be on Saturdays from early September - mid November.
- Playoffs will be the last 3 weeks of the season.
- There will be 4 or 5 divisions of play based on team skill level depending on registration.
- Teams are guaranteed 7 regular season games but may have 8. The playoff schedule will depend on final registration numbers.
- Summer - Registration opens
- late August - Registration closes and payments due. Last day to submit bye requests
- early September - Schedule for the first week posted
- August 29-30: Washington Mens, Womens, Mixed sectionals
- September 5 - First day of games
- early September - Full schedules for the regular season posted
- September 12-13: Northwest Mens, Womens, Mixed regionals
- September 19 - Geofest (Lacey, WA)
- October 3-4 Manzanita Beach Tournament (OR)
- October 24-25: Pumpkin Pull (Victoria, BC)
- October 31 - November 1: Hanford Howl (Richland, WA)
- TBD: Playoffs
- TBD: Hopu
We will use mostly synthetic turf fields in Seattle, Redmond, and Shoreline for the league this year. A few games may be on grass in Shoreline. Games will be scheduled to start between 10 am and 7:30pm on Saturdays; most will be played in the evening. Check the field permits here:
Online registration for teams will open TBD. Registration does not mean an automatic acceptance of your team into the league.
The team fee is $865.84 (includes sales tax). Payment may be made online or by mailing a check to DiscNW, Attn: Fall Team League, PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145.
Looking for a Team?
Are you a player in search of a team for the season? Your best bet is to post a note on the bulletin boards. See this post for helpful hints.
The 2015 fall team league is coordinated by Steff Neff and Dan Leventhal. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be using the USA Ultimate 11th Edition Rules.
Fall League Rules:
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Hard cap at 17.
- Time cap is 15 minutes before end of game - add 2 points to the highest score and play to that.
- Hard cap is at the end of game time (i.e., 2 hours after scheduled game start time): finish the current point, and the team with more points is the winner. If tied after the point during which the hard cap came on, play one more point (unless other teams are ready to use the field, in which case the game ends in a tie).
- Foot-blocks: yes.
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable).
- One player - one roster! A player can only be listed on one team's roster.
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game.
- No pickups allowed in playoffs. All players must be on your roster during playoffs.
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half. Timeouts are 90 seconds. Timeouts are allowed during the time cap, but keep them short!
- The Coach Rule is in effect for the league this year. A player from A/B pool may be a coach-player for a C/D/E pool team to help spread skills and knowledge across the pools. Due to schedule constraints, we are unable to promise avoid scheduling overlaps for games between the two teams.
- Players must be 18 or older to participate. This is an adult league in accordance with the DiscNW Team League Participation Policy.
- For DiscNW leagues, we are not using the experimental rules, like the contact call. The Captain's Clause states that a game may be played under any variation of the rules, like the experimental rules, agreed upon by the captains of the teams involved.
Please start and end your game on time.