Fall Team League (2014)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
The Fall Team League is for new or established coed teams. Teams are divided into four divisions based on ability so that opponents exhibit a similar level of play.
October 28: the playoff schedule is posted! Download the playoff brackets (.pdf).
September 3: the schedule for the first weekend has been posted!
August 1: online registration is open!
- This is a coed league, and all teams must play with a 4 men : 3 women gender ratio for all games.
- Games will be on Saturdays from early September - mid November.
- Playoffs will be the last 3 weeks of the season.
- There will be 4 or 5 divisions of play based on team skill level depending on registration.
- Teams are guaranteed 7 regular season games but may have 8. The playoff schedule will depend on final registration numbers.
- August 1 - Registration opens
- August 29 - Registration closes and payments due. Last day to submit bye requests
- September 3 - Schedule for the first week posted
- September 6 - First day of games
- September TBD - Full schedules for the regular season posted
- September 6-7: Washington Mens, Womens, Mixed sectionals
- September 20 - Geofest (Lacey, WA)
- September 20-21: Northwest Mens, Womens, Mixed regionals
- October 25-26 - Pumpkin Pull (Victoria, BC)
- October 25-26 - Hanford Howl (Richland, WA)
- November 1, 8, 15: Playoffs
- November 8-10: Hopu
We will use mostly synthetic turf fields in Seattle and Shoreline for the league this year. A few games may be on grass in Shoreline. Games will be scheduled to start between 10 am and 7:30pm on Saturdays; most will be played in the evening.
Online registration for teams will open on Friday, August 1. Registration does not mean an automatic acceptance of your team into the league.
The team fee is $838.77 (includes sales tax). Payment may be made online or by mailing a check to DiscNW, Attn: Fall Team League, PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145.
Looking for a Team?
Are you a player in search of a team for the season? Your best bet is to post a note on the bulletin boards. See this post for helpful hints.
The 2014 fall team league is coordinated by Steff Neff and Pete Hornyack. Contact them at email@example.com.
We will be using the USA Ultimate 11th Edition Rules.
Fall League Rules:
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Hard cap at 17.
- Time cap is 15 minutes before end of game - add 2 points to the highest score and play to that.
- Hard cap is at the end of game time (i.e., 2 hours after scheduled game start time): finish the current point, and the team with more points is the winner. If tied after the point during which the hard cap came on, play one more point (unless other teams are ready to use the field, in which case the game ends in a tie).
- Foot-blocks: yes.
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable).
- One player - one roster! A player can only be listed on one team's roster.
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game.
- No pickups allowed in playoffs. All players must be on your roster during playoffs.
- 2 timeouts per half; mirror half. Timeouts are 90 seconds. Timeouts are allowed during the time cap, but keep them short!
- The Coach Rule is in effect for the league this year. A player from A/B pool may be a coach-player for a C/D/E pool team to help spread skills and knowledge across the pools. Due to schedule constraints, we are unable to promise avoid scheduling overlaps for games between the two teams.
- Players must be 18 or older to participate. This is an adult league in accordance with the DiscNW Team League Participation Policy.
Please start and end your game on time