Fall Coed Hat League (2016)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
The Fall Draft/Hat League is a variation on the traditional hat league in which half of each team is drafted and the other half is selected at random. It's a fun league for players of all skill levels, and is a great way to meet new people.
Here are the regular season standings. The first week of playoffs has been added to the schedule.
- When Our Powers Combine...
- Killer Tofu
- The Far Side
- The Same Thing We Do Every Night, Pinky!
- Magic School Bus
- Why Not, Zoidberg?
- Danger Mouse
- Welcome to the Danger Zone
- Wubba Lubba
The fall draft/hat league is a 4:3 co-ed league. Players sign up to play as individuals, and then are either drafted or assigned onto a team. Captains participate in a live draft and are allowed to draft half of their team.
Players who sign up with buddies will automatically be drafted together, but you may only buddy with one other person (and they also need to buddy with you). A man buddied with a woman will automatically bypass the lottery if the woman has paid her registration fee prior to the lottery.
The league player fee is $75.35 (includes sales tax).
Men, please note that there will be a lottery to allocate spots in the league. Men that sign up as buddies with other men are still considered separately in the lottery.
This league is appropriate for players of all experience levels.
Games will be on Friday evenings.
We will use only synthetic turf fields in Seattle for the league this year. Check the field permit here:
We will be using the USA Ultimate 11th Edition Rules.
- The DiscNW Hat Event Policy applies to this league.
- All players must be at least 18 years of age to play.
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- The soft time cap is 15 minutes before the end of the game... add 2 points to the highest score and play to that score - win by 1. The hard time cap is at the end of game time... finish the point in progress. If one team is ahead - they win. If the game is tied then play one more point.
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- 1 timeout per half and a floater; mirror half. Timeouts are 90 seconds. Timeouts are not allowed in either cap!
- Team captains should bring their own cones. Give yourself extra time to swap out cones with the previous game.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies. Team captains have been informed of all rules.
Please start and end your game on time.
Please abide by all Park rules at league games.
Note to athletic field users, friends, and families: Dogs are not allowed at organized athletic fields, beaches, or children's play areas in Seattle, Shoreline, and Redmond parks. They are welcome on leash everywhere else in the park system, and there are other off-leash areas where they can romp without leashes. All our fields are turf, last we checked dogs and turf aren't good for each other. Please leave Fluffy at home on game days.
Note to athletic field users, friends, and families: Alcohol is not allowed at organized athletic fields, beaches, or children's play areas in Seattle, Shoreline, and Redmond parks. Drinking beer is allowed at many fine taverns and restaurants across King County. Please leave the spirits at home on game days.