Fall Draft/Hat League (2009)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
The Fall Draft/Hat League is a variation on the traditional hat league in which half of each team is drafted and the other half is selected at random. It's a fun league for players of all skill levels, and is a great way to meet new people.
There will be no games on November 1st.
2 weeks of playoffs will take place on November 8th and 15th at the turf fields in Magnuson.
The fall draft/hat league is a 4:3 co-ed league. Players sign up to play as individuals, and then are either drafted or assigned onto a team. Captains participate in a live draft and are allowed to draft half of their team.
Players who sign up with buddies will automatically be drafted together.
The 11th Edition of the Rules of Ultimate will be used for the league.
- All games are played to 15, win by 2. Point cap at 17.
- The soft time cap is 15 minutes before the end of the game... add 2 points to the highest score and play to that score - win by 1. The hard time cap is at the end of game time... finish the point in progress. If one team is ahead - they win. If the game is tied then play one more point.
- 30 min. forfeit rule (playing down players is acceptable)
- All pickups (non-roster players) must be cleared by the opposing team's captain prior to the game. See the Official Pickup Policy for complete details.
- 1 timeout per half and a floater; mirror half. Timeouts are 90 seconds. Timeouts are not allowed in either cap!
- Team captains should bring their own cones. Give yourself extra time to swap out cones with the previous game.
- Follow the directions of the League Coordinators regarding field layout, park rules, and DiscNW policies. Team captains have been informed of all rules.
Please start and end your game on time!!