Elementary School Coed Spring League (2016)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
The following paperwork is due by Saturday, March 4th.
Online Waivers & Setting Your Roster
Step One: Create Player Accounts
There are two options before setting your team’s roster:
- Make sure all of your players have a DiscNW account (recommended by DiscNW staff). Below are instructions for how a parent can make a DiscNW account and create an account for their child from their own.
- Collect an email address (that is checked regularly) from each player/family who does not have an account and does not wish to make one.
For parents: How to create a DiscNW account for yourself and add your child to your account
- Go to www.discnw.org and click "New Account" in the upper right corner.
- Enter all required (*) information for the parent and click "Create Account."
- Click "Hello [your name]" in the upper right corner of the webpage and select "Your Account" from the drop-down menu.
- You will be redirected to your account profile. Click the "Edit Profile" button to the right of your account information and select "Add Child" from the drop-down menu.
- Enter all required (*) information for your child and click "Save."
Step Two: Create Team Roster
How to set a roster:
- Login to your DiscNW account and go to the team page for which you would like to set a roster.
- Make sure that the event name is listed correctly. To change the event listing for your team, use the "Other Events" drop down box next to the event name.
- Click the "Roster" tab below your "Team Information."
- Click the blue pencil icon on the right, under the "Roster" tab, to edit your roster.
- You have two options now:
- If your team has participated in a past DiscNW league or event, you can copy players from a previous roster for the team by using the "Copy Players from Another Roster" tool.
- You can add players one at a time by entering the players’ gender, names and e-mails. If a child already has a DiscNW account, their name should auto-fill as you are typing. Please select the auto fill option because then their account will be linked to the roster.
Step Three: Sign Player Waivers
If a player has a DiscNW account, then they can sign the e-waiver by checking their "Reminders" on the DiscNW website. See instructions below.
Login to the player's discnw.org account.
- Click on the bell icon at the top-right corner of the web page, then click on the "Reminders" link.
- Look for the "Unsigned Waivers" section and click on the "Sign Now" button. This will take the signer to the first waiver that needs to be signed.
- Read the waiver and type the appropriate name (parent or player) in the box at the bottom of the page to accept the terms of the waiver.
- Once the first waiver is signed, the website will automatically navigate the user to the next waiver upon which a signature is required, until all waivers have been signed.
If a player does not have a DiscNW account, but provided an e-mail address that was entered when the coach added the player to the roster, then the coach may send a link to the e-waiver through the DiscNW website:
- Login to your discnw.org account.
- Go to the High School Spring League DiscNW webpage.
- Click on “Registration” and select your team name in the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that you are on the “Waivers” tab. You will see your team roster with a thumbs up next to those who have signed the waivers, and a thumbs down next to those who haven't yet signed or completed the waivers.
- Click on the “Send Waiver Reminders” box on the right, above your roster to send a link to the e-waiver to the players who have not yet signed the waivers.
- A pop-up window will appear. Please select the players who you wish to send the e-waiver link to (only the people who haven’t signed the waivers will be shown), add a message if you wish, and click “Send Emails.”
You can return to this page to check on your team’s waiver status throughout the season.
Step Four: Coach Waiver and Coaching Code of Conduct
All coaches, regardless of age, must sign the Coaching Code of Conduct and the DiscNW Participation Agreement and Release of Liability (waiver). If you’ve already signed the participation waiver for another DiscNW event since 1/1/16, then you do not have to sign it again. Every team must have at least one coach that is 19 years of age or older. In order to sign the appropriate coach waivers, coaches must be listed as "Coach" on the team webpage.
Step Five: Player Medical Authorization Forms
Your Coaching Code of Conduct asks that you carry medical authorization forms for all players on your team. Medical authorization forms give a coach permission to seek medical care for a child in the parent's absence. It also contains information about important medical conditions and allergies for the player. Emergency medical providers will require a hard copy of this signed form to treat a child in a parent's absence (unless it is a life-threatening emergency).; There are two ways to get this form:
- If your team is recognized by your school administration, you are probably required to collect a school medical authorization form for all players. Inquire with your principal, athletic director, or activities coordinator.
- If your school does not provide a form, you can use this sample form provided by DiscNW. Note that there are two forms per page in order to minimize paper usage. Each player need only fill out a half sheet.
These forms will not be checked or collected by DiscNW. But for your own players' comfort and for your own protection, we trust you to carry them for all your players.
For families that do not have Internet access or prefer paper waivers, you can print out the required waivers here: 2016-17 Youth Event Waivers.
All paper waivers must be received by March 4th, 2016.
Methods for sending paper waivers to DiscNW:
- Scan the paper waivers and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail to the address below:
P.O. Box 85112
Seattle, WA 98145