Boys' Club League (HS Age Boys) (2014)
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
New in 2014, all league paperwork can now be completed online! The following paperwork is due by Sunday, March 16.
Step One: Coach Background Check (Full Team Registrations Only)
Each team must provide a coach who is at least 21 years of age and who attends all games. That coach must complete a DiscNW background check with satisfactory results. If your coach cannot attend all games, you must provide a substitute coach who has also been background checked satisfactorily. If you haven't already received instructions for initiating your background check, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step Two: Create Player Accounts (Full Team Registrations Only)
Before adding players to their event rosters, coaches should ask players to confirm that they have a current player account at the new www.discnw.org. Once a player has a current account at www.discnw.org, the player's name and email will auto-fill when the coach adds him/her to the roster. This will ensure that the player’s true account will be connected to the team and event and that they will be able to sign the required waivers online.
Here are account creation instructions for players:
Here are account creation instructions for players:
- Depending on player/parent preferences, the new account can be a parent account (to which a player account can be added as described in Step B), or it can be a standalone player account.
- Go to www.discnw.org
- Click “New Account” in the upper right corner.
- Enter all required information for the parent or player and click “Create Account.”
- If a parent account was created, go to Step B. If a standalone player account was created, Step B can be skipped.
- Create a child account connected to the parent account.
- If step B was just completed, the parent should be on his or her "Your Profile" page. If not, click on the "Hello [Name]" button in the upper right corner and select "Your Profile."
- Click on “Edit Profile."
- Select “Add child” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter all required information for the child and click “Save.”
Step Three: Team Roster (Full Team Registrations Only)
Warning: It is critical to complete Step Two first. If a coach adds a player without an account to a roster, the website creates an "orphan" player record for the child. It's not a real account because the player has no username and password for the account and therefore no way to log in and sign the waivers. You can tell when a player does have an account as you add them to the roster, because the auto-fill will suggest players as you type. If the player does not show up in the auto-fill, then they do not have an account (at least not under that name). If you have already completed your roster before parents have created an account, please ask the parent to email email@example.com. DiscNW staff will will merge the player's actual account with the orphan player record that is associated with the team roster. Alternatively, you can delete the orphan player record from the roster and add the actual player record created by the parent.
- Make sure your team is registered for this year's league.
- Log in to your discnw.org account.
- If this is your initial log-in to the new site, you will need to complete a brief player migration process.
- Click on the "Hello [Name]" icon in the upper right corner of the web page, then select "Your Profile" from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Recent Teams” tab under your basic profile information. This tab shows all of the teams you have captained, coached or played for.
- Select the team for which you would like to set a roster. (Please note: your team must be registered for a league or event in order to set an event roster.)
- Make sure that the event name is listed correctly. To change the event listing for your team, use the "Other Events" drop down box next to the event name.
- Click the "Roster" tab below the "Team Information" section of the page.
- Click the blue pencil icon under the "Roster" tab to edit the roster.
- You have two options now:
- If your team has participated in a past DiscNW league or event, you can copy players from a previous roster for the team by using the tools in the "Copy Players from Another Roster" section.
- You can add players one at a time by entering the players’ gender, names and e-mails. If a child has an account, their name should auto-fill as you are typing. Please select the auto fill option because then their account will be linked to the roster. If an auto-fill option does not appear, please see "Step 1: Create Player Accounts" above.
Step Four: Player Waivers
Players will find the link to sign the e-waiver by checking their "Reminders" on the new DiscNW website. For team events, players will see the reminder after their team captain has added them to the roster. To find and complete an e-waiver using the "Reminders" feature, the player or parent should follow these instructions:
- Log in to the player's discnw.org account.
- If this is the player's initial log-in to the new site, you will need to complete a brief player migration process.
- If the player does not have a DiscNW account, (s)he will need to create one, and the team coach or administrator will then need to add that account to the team roster before the player/parent can sign the waiver. Please create the account in the name of the player. That account can be connected to an existing parent account if desired (contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to do this).
- Click on the bell icon at the top-right corner of the web page, then click on the "Reminders" link.
- Look for the "Unsigned Waivers" section and click on the "Sign Now" button for the waiver(s) listed.
- Read the waivers and type the appropriate name (parent or player) in the box at the bottom of the page to accept the terms of the waivers.
If a player does not have online access to sign an electronic waiver, click here for a paper copy.
Coaches can check their players' waiver status by following these instructions:
- Login to your DiscNW account.
- Go to the Boys' Club League webpage.
- Click the "Registration" tab near the top of the page, and select the appropriate team.
- Make sure you are on the "Waivers" tab. You will see a thumbs up for those who have signed the waivers, and a thumbs down for those who haven't yet signed or completed the waivers.
Step Five: Coach Waiver and Coaching Code of Conduct (Full Team Registrations Only)
All coaches, regardless of age, must sign the Coaching Code of Conduct and the DiscNW Adult Waiver. Every team must have at least one coach that is 21 years of age or older. In order to sign the appropriate coach waivers, coaches must be listed as "Coach" on the team webpage. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Make sure the coach has a current account at www.discnw.org. This is required to have coach permissions for a team.
- To set up a new account, see "Step Two: Create Player Accounts" above.
- If the coach has an account but hasn't logged in since 1/1/2014, ask the coach to log in to his/her account and complete the brief migration process to the new website.
If the coach has been added to the team webpage as described above, (s)he should receive an online reminder to sign the Coaching Code of Conduct and the Adult Participation Agreement. Follow the instructions in "Step Four: Player Waivers" above to sign the forms.
Step Six: Player Medical Authorization Forms
Medical authorization forms give a coach permission to seek medical care for a child in the parent's absence. It also contains information about important medical conditions and allergies for the player. Emergency medical providers will require a hard copy of this signed form to treat a child in a parent's absence (unless it is a life-threatening emergency).
- Coaches of full teams should collect these for all of their players.
- Individuals who registered alone or as part of a pod should print the form and bring it to their coach at their first game.
Note that there are two forms per page in order to minimize paper usage. Each player need only fill out a half sheet.