Magnuson 5-on-5 (2016)
- Event Type
- Team Tournament
- Event Start
- Event End
- Magnuson Park, Seattle
It's the 3rd annual 5-on-5 tournament at Magnuson Park in Seattle! This summer's event will take place on Saturday, August 20. Registration is open for coed adult teams.
UPDATE - Tuesday July 26th - Registration is NOW OPEN.
UPDATE - Wednesday, August 10 - Unfortunately, this event has been cancelled. Please email us with any questions at email@example.com.
- This is a coed tournament.
- The format will be determined closer to the date of the tournament. Shorter round times will allow for more games to be played.
- All games will be played on the grass Sports Meadow at Magnuson Park.
- This will be a low-frills event, players should plan to bring their own water and refreshments.
Online registration is now open. The team fee is $241.12 (includes sales tax). Payment may be made online or via check payable to DiscNW, Attn: 5 on 5, PO Box 85112, Seattle, WA 98145.
This tournament will use the USA Ultimate 11th Edition Rules with the following exceptions:
- The field is 25 yards wide and 70 yards long in total, with 14 yard endzones. There is no brick mark.
- Stall count is to 8.
- There is no pull after a point. When a team scores, the receiving player acknowledges the goal and immediately places the disc on the ground. The other team has 8 seconds to take possession and put the disc into play at that spot. They cannot walk the disc to the goal line.
- Players sub on the fly. The designated sub zone is at the midline of the field, 10 yards in length, marked by cones. Every player entering the field must tag the outgoing player on the sideline before entering the field.
- At the beginning of a game and after half, both teams line up at the back of the end zone for the initial pull.
- When a team gains possession in their endzone, if the disc left the field of play, it can be put into play on the perimeter line where it crossed, or brought to the front of the endzone at the point closest to where it crossed the perimeter line. But if the disc did not leave the field of play and came to rest in the endzone, it is put into play where it came to rest.
- Games to 23, hard capped at 25 or after 50 minutes. There is no soft cap.
This is an 18+ event in accordance with the DiscNW Team League Participation Policy. Only adult players who are 18 years of age or older on the day of the event are eligible to participate.