DiscNW Communications Coordinator
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
DiscNW – Job Posting
DiscNW is a growing and dynamic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Seattle. We organize ultimate frisbee leagues, tournaments, camps, and clinics throughout the year for youth and adult players. The mission of DiscNW is to serve our vibrant community as a regional resource, promote the sport of Ultimate, and instill the spirit of sportsmanship at all levels of play. The DiscNW office is located in Central Seattle.
This is hourly, non-exempt regular part-time employment scheduled at 20 hours per week.
Salary Range: $16.75-$20.75 per hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: 20 days (.5 fte) of paid time off, 7 (.5 fte) paid holidays, a flexible schedule, and the opportunity to work from home 75% of the time after training.
The Communications Coordinator develops and executes an annual communications calendar, maintains the organization’s website and social media content, and creates compelling content for DiscNW. Candidates should have 2-3 years’ professional communications experience. The Communications Coordinator works closely with and reports to the Executive Director.
- Develop and maintain an organization-wide communications calendar.
- Produce content for DiscNW’s Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts.
- Produce content and manage production for digital publications such as our e-newsletter, annual report, donor communications, and program announcements.
- Develop and execute strategies for reaching more of our target audiences. Compile and maintain audience lists.
- Produce content for and maintain the DiscNW websites.
- Proofread and copy edit marketing materials, grant applications, and other documents as needed.
- Produce or oversee production of program flyers for tournaments and events.
- Manage photos and strategic use of imagery.
- Create graphics and multimedia in-house and coordinate outsourced design.
- Work with program staff to communicate results and findings from projects and programs.
- Attend Tuesday morning all-staff meeting.
- Assist routing incoming communications.
- Understand and support DiscNW’s mission.
- Clear, compelling communicator.
- Excellent writer and editor with strong copy- and line-editing skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Interest and expertise in fostering equity, inclusion and diversity.
- 2-3 years of professional communications experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Professional experience managing social media accounts.
- Intermediate-level experience with Adobe CS, Mail Chimp, and Microsoft Office, advanced-level preferred.
- Ability to connect easily with people.
- Able to work both independently and as a team member.
- High level of organization, attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time.
- Working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Docs.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample compiled together as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday March 30th. Priority given to those submissions submitted before Friday March 23rd. Position open until filled.
DiscNW is committed to promoting a diverse work force and encourages women and minorities to apply.
DiscNW is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination.
DiscNW is dedicated to an equitable hiring process that recognizes the value of all forms of education and experience. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of education history.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA Accommodations made upon request.
Applicants should be able to work at a desk/computer for an extended period of time. Work may include sitting, standing, twisting, turning, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Our office is located on the 2nd floor of a building accessible via a narrow flight of stairs. We acknowledge this is not accessible for everyone. We are open to alternative arrangements if the right candidate requires reasonable accommodations.
Employment offers are contingent on verifying I-9 eligibility, presenting required documentation on the first day of employment, and satisfactorily passing required background screening.