Spring HS Boys Club League
- Event Type
- Team League
- Event Start
- Event End
We will play rain or shine, with two exceptions:
- Unsafe playing conditions
- Poor field conditions
If you are unsure of the status of your game, please call the DiscNW weather hotline at 206-504-DISC (3472). If there is no update, assume your game will play as scheduled. We will also try to get the word out via other media, including Facebook, Twitter, our front page, and by email, but the hotline will be your most reliable source of information.
Game Day Responsibilities
Please be conscientious about these responsibilities at all times, especially when you do not have a field marshal. Recent updates to these policies are listed in BOLD
- Take care of the grass. If there is standing water or if the grass is muddy, very squishy, or leaving divots when players cut, please don't play your games. Contact the league coordinator so that (s)he can notify teams playing later in the day at the same field.
- Bring your own cones, just in case you need to set up your own fields.
- Bring your own first aid kit and medical authorizations for your players.
- Field safety:
- Walk fields before games to assess for hazards.
- Keep sidelines clear of equipment, especially tents, chairs, and other hard objects.
- Start and end games on time. Hard cap comes on at 60 minutes after the round starts.
- Bring the pertinent page(s) of the field permit in case of issues with other users: I will post these when available.
- Determining when you need to suspend activity and send people to shelter: if you hear thunder OR your computer or app shows that lightning has struck within ten miles, suspend activity. If you do not have access to a computer or app that shows the proximity of lightning strikes, suspend play if lightning is seen even if you cannot hear thunder.
- Follow park rules. Here are the most commonly broken rules:
- No dogs allowed on any playfield (grass or synthetic).
- No food on synthetic surfaces.
- Make sure the field is spotless when you leave (cleaner than when you found it). Collect lost and found and report to the league coordinator.