Things to keep in mind this season as you adjust to the new system:
-Filling in the score sheets is a team effort. This helps in educating new players and reinforces the fundamentals of SOTG with the more experienced players. I've attached a PDF of the WFDF scoring sheet. Please print a few of these off to help your team navigate the process each week and to record the score they give. You may also be able to use your phone to enter the score at the field.
- While filling in the form might take several minutes the first few times, it will take only a minute or two after you get used to it.
-The system was designed in accordance with the expectation that teams generally display normal, good spirit. Therefore the baseline in each category is “Good” which equals 2 Points. For each game, determine if the other team was better than, worse than, or the same as just a regular game and score accordingly (see scoring examples pdf attached).
- Focus on each question and answer that question only. Do not start with an overall score in mind and work backward to get that score.
-There might be many times that nothing out of the ordinary occurred at a game. As such, each category should get 2 points. A final score of 12 points (including the coach sprit score) is considered normal, good spirit.
- Give a real score that reflects the items detailed on the sheet.
- Do not give teams higher scores because they made a funny game in the circle
- Do not give lower spirit scores out of retaliation or prejudice
-Self-scoring is highly encouraged. Did everybody show good Spirit in your team?
We are still working on the best way to display your team's score. It may be that you will receive a periodic report card.