DiscNW YCC Head Coaching Application (2017)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
This is the application for the Youth Club Championship Head positions with DiscNW.
DiscNW is looking for applicants for our Head Coach positions with the Youth Club Championship teams (6 teams in total) which will travel to Blaine, MN in August of 2018. These are term positions that are 1 year in length. Previous experience coaching a YCC team does not guarantee you a coaching position. We are adding a U20 Mixed YCC team in 2018, and are hiring for six head coach positions. Assistant Coach applications will open in late January.
Please refer to the Job Description tab above for position specific duties and benefits.
Coach applicants should complete the online registration (button above) and submit a cover letter and coaching specific resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials are due by January 6th. Staff may ask to follow up or interview of applicants in the week(s) following the application deadline. Coach hirings should be announced by January 30th.
- Pedagogy, teaching philosophy
- Experience in teaching and instruction
- Understanding of teaching methodology
- Ultimate skill development
- Ability to teach ultimate specific skills
- Experience with improving performance of individual players and of teams
- Seattle youth ultimate experience
- Background in the Seattle youth ultimate community, specifically
- Knowledge of local players, teams, events, and programs
- Youth coaching experience
- Experience coaching youth sports, ultimate or other, specifically
- Understanding of youth athlete physiology as applies to sports fitness
- Team management
- Ability to manage group dynamics of players, coaching staff, parents and administrators
- Conflict management, problem solving
- Ability to resolve conflict within the context of youth sports
- Demonstration of problem solving skills
- Spirit of the Game
- Ability to model fairness, honesty, and integrity
- Understanding of the way the sport of ultimate is played and of ultimate culture
- Ability to teach sportsmanship in the context of an elite level competition
- Ability to represent DiscNW and Seattle youth ultimate
- Communication skills
- Ability to communicate well in-person, in written materials, to the media, etc.
- Time management
- Ability to plan and execute a successful team tryout
- Ability to plan and execute productive team practices
- Job requirements
- Ability to complete duties listed on job description – provide proper supervision, assist with fundraising, etc.