Fall Mixed Hat League (2017)
- Event Type
- Hat League
- Event Start
- Event End
Field Set Up
- Captains and coaches should bring their own cones to each game. Please contact event coordinators to get a set of cones if needed.
- Check the field before the game for hazards and adjust field size or use a hazard marker as needed. Please report any issues to the event coordinators. Field Conditions, Weather & Game Cancellations
- For game day updates, call the DiscNW Hotline: 206-504-DISC. We try to update the hotline at least one hour before the scheduled start time of a game.
- We usually post game day updates on Twitter @DiscNW. Call the hotline for the most current update.
- Please email the event coordinators with any questions. Coordinators are sometimes available to help on game days.
- Even when games are not canceled, please evaluate the playfield before starting a game. Please do not play on grass fields that have standing water. If muddy patches start to show during the game, please consider stopping play.
- All games should stop and everyone should evacuate the field at the first indication of lightning. Do not return to the fields until 30 minutes after the last indication of lightning.
- Coaches and captains should use their best judgment with regards to playing in challenging weather conditions such as snow, hail, and wind.
- See below for information about lights.
Most games go off without a hitch, but occasionally there are problems. We appreciate your help to find a resolution to any on site conflict in keeping with the principles of the Spirit of the Game.
- Lights usually go on 10-15 minutes before sunset.
- Most parks allow for 10-20 minutes of lighting at the end of the reservation for egress. Fields in Seattle stay on for 10 additional minutes.
- For lighting problems in Seattle, call the Ballfield Light Phone at 206-982-4583.
- Lights in Shoreline are prescheduled, and there is no after hours number to call.
- Double Bookings
- Please verify the DiscNW field reservation by checking the permit on the event website.
- If the fields are adjacent to a community center, staff at the center may be able to assist with any conflict.
- In Seattle, players can call the Parks Duty Officer at 206-982-4583 for assistance. You must leave a message to get a response.
- Please email the coordinators about any double bookings.
- Park Rules
- Please abide by all park rules. Look for posted signs.
- Please dispose of any trash and leave the fields clean.
- Generally, dogs and alcohol are not permitted on playfields.
- Hotline: 206-504-DISC
- We will update the hotline on game days with any cancellations or important news
- This is an outgoing message only, please do not leave a voicemail
- Field maps: https://www.discnw.org/fields/
- Find your field by searching our field database
- Maps may also include specific information about the playing surface and field layout
- City rainout lines: https://www.discnw.org/about/rainout.html
- Most cities have a rainout hotline to alert users of changes
- Most of these hotlines are updated by the late afternoon for evening games
- Please do not play on a field if the City has closed it
- SPD non-emergency line: (206) 625-5011
- Incident Report: https://goo.gl/forms/
- Please complete this form if an incident (i.e. serious injury, stolen property, harassment, etc.) has occurred.