DiscNW Event Refund Policy
This document outlines DiscNW's refund policy for leagues and tournaments. Some larger DiscNW events (like Potlatch, Spring Reign) may have their own refund policy due to demand for those events. Please check with the Tournament Directors for clarification. The term "event" refers to any DiscNW sponsored league, tournament, or clinic.
- If the participant plays any part of the event: no refund.
- If the participant is a no-show on the day of the event: no refund--unless it's due to a mistake on DiscNW's part, in which case the participant receives a full refund.
- If the participant backs out before the event's signups have closed: full refund minus administrative fee (see below).
- If the participant backs out after the event's signups have closed and we can fill their spot: full refund (or pro-rated if the event has already started) minus administrative fee*.
- If the participant backs out after the event's signups have closed and we can't fill their spot, then it's at the discretion of the event coordinator and/or the DiscNW staff ("full" refund, partial or maybe none).
*An administrative fee will be assessed on some refunds to cover various costs in processing the initial signup and refund (e.g., PayPal charges, stamps and envelopes, staff time, etc.). This fee is usually 5-10% of the amount of the initial payment. In no case will DiscNW make money when processing refunds; we charge the administrative fee only so that we do not lose money on credit card fees, staff time, and other expenses when participants cancel.
Any questions regarding this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.