Opportunities to Play Youth Ultimate in the Northwest
Click on the type of events you would like to view in the index below:
Many of the opportunities to play youth Ultimate are school-based. Any school team may participate, even if it is not officially recognized by its home school (i.e., varsity or club status is not required). But what if your school doesn't have a team at all? What if you are home-schooled? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions and our Youth Eligibility Rules.
- Winter HS Girls' Hat League
- January through early March, Sundays. This league is open to all high school girls as well as 8th grade girls. Games will be played Sunday mornings from 9-12 at Montlake Community Center Turf.
- Winter Club 8th-12th grade Boys League
- January through early March, tentatively moving to Saturdays.
Teams will be formed from registrants and will play together the entire season.
This year this league will focus more of skill and strategy development than in the past. Each week we will begin with warm-ups/conditioning and a set of drills that address a specific skill set or emphasis. This focus on skill building drills, strategy and conditioning will allow players to prepare for YCC team tryouts in the spring.
- Seattle Spring Elementary School Coed League
- March through May, Saturdays. Grades 3-5. School-based league, open to public and private school teams. Teams placed in skill-based divisions.
- Seattle Spring Middle School League
- March through May, Saturdays. Coed and single-gender. Grades 6-8. School-based league, open to public and private school teams. Teams placed in skill- and age-based divisions.
- Puget Sound Spring High School Coed League
- March through May, Saturdays. School-based league, open to public and private school teams. Teams placed in skill-based divisions.
- Seattle Spring High School Girls' League
- March through May, weekdays. School-based league, open to public and private school teams. Geographic-based JV and Varsity divisions. Run by the schools participating therein. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for current contact information.
- Seattle Spring Boys' Club League
- March through May, Fridays. Grades 9-12. Accepts individual, pod, and team registrations.
- Seattle Summer Youth Club League
- May through July, days vary. Gender makeup of teams varies. U19 and U16 divisions. Players sign up as individuals and are assigned to teams within skill-based tiers, based on tryout performance.
- Seattle Fall Middle School Club League
- September through October, Mondays and Wednesdays. Coed. Grades 6-8. Team signups.
- Puget Sound Fall High School Boys' League
- September through November, weekdays. School-based league, open to public and private school teams. Geographic-based JV and Varsity divisions. Run by the schools participating therein. Contact email@example.com for current contact information.
- Fall Seattle Public Middle School League
- September through October, Saturdays. Coed. Open to teams from Seattle Public Schools only (the league is sponsored and sanctioned by Seattle Public Schools). Teams placed in skill-based divisions.
- Green Games
- Early March. Girls only. Sponsored by DiscNW. Combined club clinic and tournament. Individual and team sign-ups.
- Spring Reign
- End of April. Burlington, Washington. Coed. Sponsored by DiscNW. Divisions for elementary school, middle school, and high school based teams.
- High School Girls' Seattle Invite
- Mid-May. Hosted by girls' teams participating in the high school girls' spring league. School-based teams only. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for current contact information.
- USA Ultimate Girls' High School Washington State Championship
- Late May. Usually in the Puget Sound region (but could be anywhere in Washington State). Open to high school-based teams who qualify during regular season play. Contact: Washington State Youth Coordinator.
- Spring Jam
- Late May or early June. Coed. Sponsored by DiscNW. Elementary school based teams only.
- USA Ultimate High School Western Championship
- Late May or early June. Location rotates throughout the Western States. Open and girls' divisions. Open to high school-based teams who competed in the previous year's state tournament. Application required and due mid-March.
- Up Dawg
- Late May or early June. Seattle. Coed. Hosted by University of Washington women's team Element. Middle school tournament with individual sign-ups.
- Field Day
- Early June. Seattle. A fundraiser for the DiscNW Youth Development Fund. Individual and buddy sign-ups, with a family division and a competitive adult division.
- High School Boys' Seattle Invite
- Mid-October. Hosted by high school based boys' teams participating in the Seattle high school boys' spring league. Contact email@example.com for current contact information.
- Fall Drizzle
- Late October. Burlington, WA. Coed. Hosted by the Western Washington University (WWU) women's team, Chaos. Divisions for middle and high school, with the potential for an elementary school division added in the future. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USA Ultimate Boys' High School State Championship
- Late October or early November. Usually in the Puget Sound region (but could be anywhere in Washington State). Open to high school-based teams who qualify during regular season play. Contact: Washington State Youth Coordinator.
Seattle Ultimate Camps
- Sessions in late June and late August at Magnuson Park. Divisions for players aged 10-11, 12-13, and 14-18. Coed. 5-day day camps. Camps run from 9am-3pm.
- 2015 Summer Camp dates:
June 15-19June 22-26August 17-21
- Eastside Youth Ultimate Camp
- One session in early August (3rd-7th) at Robinswood Park. Divisions for players 8-10 and 11-14. Coed. Camp runs from 9am-3pm.
- VC Ultimate Leadership Training Camp
- This is an overnight camp at UW for players 14-18 years old. Two sessions in late July at UW.
- MoHo & Mini MoHo
- A series of free practices, led by experienced coaches. Practice dates, times, and locations change throughout the year. Coed.
- Seattle Riot Women's Ultimate Clinic
- Summertime, usually early June. Females of all ages. 1-day clinic.
- National Ultimate Training Camp
- Amherst, Massachusetts. 3 sessions in early, mid-, and late July. Coed. Ages 14-18. 6-day overnight or day-camp. Not sponsored by DiscNW. Seattle Riot provides a scholarship to this camp for one girl each year.
- Next Level Ultimate Camp
- Late July or early August. Eugene, Oregon and Wisconsin (city varies). Boys' and girls' sessions. Overnight or day camp. Not sponsored by DiscNW.Seattle Riot provides a scholarship to this camp for one girl each year.
- USA Ultimate Youth Club Championship (YCC) - Seattle Teams
- Seattle holds tryouts for its YCC teams in the spring, and teams practice until the event in mid-August. DiscNW sends U19 teams in the mixed, open, and girls' divisions and U16 teams in the open and girls' divisions. Tournament is often in Blaine, MN, but location may vary annually.
- Seattle Fryz
- Tryouts in December. Girls', boys', and mixed teams for high school students. Mixed team for middle school students. Practices in Seattle on Sunday afternoons year round. Participates in local adult club tournaments. Single gender teams travel to at least one youth tournament. Not sponsored by DiscNW.
- Eastside Youth Club Team
- Tryouts in November. Practices in Bellevue/Redmond. Coed. Plays one season (winter) and in one adult tournament, but may evolve into a year-round team in the future. Not sponsored by DiscNW. Contact Wes Simons.