DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-02 01:30 am

edevy
Swilly

Discraft Ultrastar

Can someone tell me where to find a Discraft Ultrastar in the Seattle area?  I would appreciate it much.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2006-08-02 08:09 am

Woodiepaddler
Air Bounce

Re: Discraft Ultrastar

From the FAQ page:
How do I get an ultimate disc?

Chris Burke also will sell you a DiscNW disc. You can call him at 206-371-6450 or email him at chrisburke99@gmail.com. Chris also brings discs for sale to most league games. All proceeds go directly to DiscNW to provide more Ulty opportunities. Otherwise you can check out our ultimate equipment page for links to variuos merchandisers.

or you can check my closet or the back of my minivan...I've taught my four your old to scour the sidelines at tourneys and pick up discs to bring home.  (okay, just kidding...he only picks up peoples keys and hides them in other people's bags...)

#3 2006-08-02 08:20 am

edevy
Swilly

Thanks, I emailed him but I am still looking for a local (Seattle) reatailer that might have that particular disc.

#4 2006-08-02 09:30 am

dairiki
Air Bounce

(Just to clear up any potential confusion: the DiscNW discs are Discraft Ultra-stars.  You probably won't find a cheaper local source for ultra-stars than Chris Burke.)

Other local sources:

I've seen ultra-stars at REI (in pastel colors, with a "Life is Good" logo on them.)  Outrageously expensive at $15.

Gasworks Park Kite Shop (3420 Stone Way N) used to have a good selection of discs.  I suspect they still do, though it's been years since I've been in the store.

I believe I've seen Ultra-stars (with the ultra-star logo on them) at GI Joe's, but I could be confused.  (Make sure not to get fooled into buying a wham-o.)

Last edited by dairiki (2006-08-02 09:35 am)

#5 2006-08-02 09:38 am

manzell
Greatest
Website

REI does not sell ultra-stars, although they are indeed 175g frisbees, the plastic is inferior.

You can (usually) find discs for retail at Olympic Sports (across from Northgate mall) or at Big 5 on University Ave across from the UW Bookstore.  It is still true, however, that you are more likeley to be able to buy an ultrastar at a frisbee event than at a retail store.

- MRB

"This is why I'm hot."

#6 2006-08-02 09:58 am

dairiki
Air Bounce

manzell :

REI does not sell ultra-stars, although they are indeed 175g frisbees, the plastic is inferior.

The "Life is Good" discs are indeed ultra-stars (I've seen 'em, and besides,  Wright Life says it's so.)  It could be that the pastel colorants (besides being ugly in a new-age-yuppy way) screw up the plastic.

Last edited by dairiki (2006-08-02 09:59 am)

#7 2006-08-02 03:44 pm

leftydisc
Air Bounce

If you have a spare $60 or so, order a box of 10 misprint discs from Discraft - you'll get a random assortment of discs at around $6/disc (depending on which shipping method you choose). 

Manzell - Olympic Sports closed, sadly it is no more.

#8 2006-08-02 06:31 pm

Edward
Push Pass

dairiki :

manzell :

The "Life is Good" discs are indeed ultra-stars (I've seen 'em, and besides,  Wright Life says it's so.)  It could be that the pastel colorants (besides being ugly in a new-age-yuppy way) screw up the plastic.

The color plastic is good for the beach or with your dog.  Those Ultra-Stars are usually heavier by a few grams and don't fly the same.  especially on sunny days when the plastic becomes less rigid.  If you want a good disc for ultimate then get a white one.

The Kite Shop on Stone Way in south Wallingford used to carry the generic stamp Ultra-Stars in various colors.  You might want to call them to see about availability.

Board footer