DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-16 09:55 am

reddpen85
Blade

Whitman MS needs coach(es)

The Whitman MS 6th and 7th grade teams will need coaches for the fall season. Practices have been Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:45 to 4:15 at Whitman, located in Ballard at 9201 15th Ave. NW. Whitman has both grass and turf fields, the parent community is highly supportive, and we have wonderful rivalries with Mercer, Eckstein and other schools. If you can help extend the strong ultimate legacy at Whitman, please contact Bill Penrose (bpenrose@gmail.com) or Jeff Allen (jeffersonallen@q.com).

Last edited by reddpen85 (2011-06-03 08:24 am)

#2 2011-08-18 09:05 am

abselious
High Release

Re: Whitman MS needs coach(es)

Think of the kids!

Seriously, coaching at Whitman was one of the best life decisions I've ever made, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. [You] should, too! It's a great way (with pretty minimal time commitment) of giving back to the ultimate community.

#3 2012-09-10 10:25 am

reddpen85
Blade

The Whitman MS teams need coaches for the fall season. In the past, teams were divided by grade level (largely because a past coach who shall remain aimless didn't want to lose kids to the A team), but that approach may not work anymore given how few 8th grade girls have been playing.

Practices have been Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:45 to 4:15 at Whitman, located in Ballard at 9201 15th Ave. NW. Whitman has both grass and turf fields, the parent community is highly supportive, and we have wonderful longstanding rivalries with Mercer, Eckstein and other schools. If you can help extend the strong ultimate legacy at Whitman, please contact Shawn Severin (shawnseverin [@] aol.com). Go Wildcats!

#4 2012-09-14 09:25 am

sarahfu
Swilly

Any help or advice on how Whitman MS can secure additional coaches for this fall season is desperately needed!!

We had about 70 kids show up for this Wednesday's informational meeting and at the time, only one volunteer coach!!! Having 3 teams per grade level means the kids get lots of play time and the coaches have a manageable group for practices. There are so many of our kids who love this sport and we so want to see them get to play. My son for one has played soccer and baseball but when he started ultimate in 4th grade he fell in love!!

There is a very supportive ultimate parent community at Whitman to help with anything a new coach would need. I personally would help with schedulilng and emailing and even submitting scores or other administrative details and there are plenty of others who would help with anything else that is wanted or needed. Suggestions, advice and even better, some volunteer coaches much appreciated!!!

Sarah Fuelling, parent of a 7th grader at Whitman MS

Board footer