You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » Keep getting messages at wrong email address

#1 2009-09-25 03:15 pm

jupiterwise
Swilly

Keep getting messages at wrong email address

As far as I know, I've only registered on DiscNW once, and the email addressed I used is associated with this account I'm posting with. However, I keep getting game and league updates at a different email address that I don't remember ever submitting here (but apparently I did).

I've tried submitting that email address to the lost password form, thinking that I must have accidently registered for a second account at some point, but the form tells me that the email isn't in the system. Yet I keep getting these messages ...

Perhaps the email list for listserv messages is separate from accounts on this site? The most recent message I got was to the fall.team@discnw.org listserv, if that helps.

#2 2009-09-25 03:36 pm

dairiki
Air Bounce

Re: Keep getting messages at wrong email address

What probably happened is that your team captain this fall added you to the roster using the second email address.   When that happens you end up with two different player records --- the one that's on the roster, and the one connected to your login.   The web site has no way (or is not smart enough) to connect the two.

I've just manually merged the two records, so things should be good now.

Also, a couple of days ago, I rolled out a new UI for adding players to team rosters
which hopefully will cut down on the MPD.

If problems persist, reply here, or to sysadmin@discnw.org.

• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » Keep getting messages at wrong email address

Board footer