DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-18 09:08 pm

lsukol
Swilly

Need Coach

Shorewood High School in Shoreline will need a coach next year.
We have an established team, but I am not able to continue to coach because of my schedule. If anyone is interested, please email me at lara.sukol@shorelineschools.org

I can provide more details to those who might be interested.
This is a volunteer position.

#2 2009-07-17 12:56 am

uwJames
High Release

Re: Need Coach

I wanted to give this post a bump.  It was my pleasure to coach the Shorewood kids this past year, but I will not be able to return this next season.  We started with light practices in the Fall, kept some stuff going in the Winter, and bumped up to twice a week in the Spring. Currently some of the players are playing in the Summer Hat league, and some are also signed up to participate in youth ultimate camps.

The Shorewood team has lost its coaches and some strong senior leadership, but the kids who remain are very excited, and have already started planning for next season. But they are inexperienced.  Only a couple of the players played at all in Middle School, and we had several sophomore and junior rookies. They came a long way over the course of one season, thanks largely to hard work and enthusiasm. Now they could really use a coach to teach them intermediate skills, and also to teach basic skills to this coming season's newbies.

To sum up, the Shorewood team is full of great, hard-working kids who are eager to learn the ropes of ultimate. What more could somebody interested in coaching ask for?

Please let me know if you have any questions or interest by emailing me through the message board.

cheers,
James

Last edited by uwJames (2009-07-17 12:56 am)

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all." -Douglas Adams

Board footer