DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-10 04:07 pm

manzell
Greatest
Website

Street Cred

I want someone else to start a third men's team in Seattle from the 80+ players who didn't make Sockeye or Voodoo.

I see what you are saying. There are presumably 80 guys who didn't make Sockeye or Voodoo Child. So, if someone wanted to step up and be a captain, Voodoo Child could conceivable have a list of the next 20 guys to put together another men's team.

There is a new Seattle mens team forming. It's called Street Cred. If you have the cred then you're the captain. Contact Voodoo Child - they have your roster.

So there are about 100 guys trying out for perhaps 1 Sockeye and 20 Voodoo Child openings? Sounds like we could use at least another men's team, (if not two). And before you say "why don't you organize it", well I don't have the street cred to do so, and I might not be good enough to make such a third level team. But it would be cool to get the chance to tryout for one and see the NW grow.

"This is why I'm hot."

#2 2006-05-10 04:17 pm

manzell
Greatest
Website

Re: Street Cred

Okay, honest question time:

What does a third Seattle men's team have to benefit?

How many teams could this team compete against? The pickings for second teams are pretty limited, let alone third teams.  I suspect a season on a third team would be a run of blowouts against elite teams and some competitive games against another cities 2nd team, Masters teams, and Junior's teams.

"This is why I'm hot."

#3 2006-05-10 05:31 pm

Billy
Swilly

manzell :

Okay, honest question time:

What does a third Seattle men's team have to benefit?

How many teams could this team compete against? The pickings for second teams are pretty limited, let alone third teams.  I suspect a season on a third team would be a run of blowouts against elite teams and some competitive games against another cities 2nd team, Masters teams, and Junior's teams.

Street Cred could get some good games and some blowouts at Solstice, Flower Bowl, and Sectionals.  Long trips to Discos Calientes, Ho-Down, or Heavyweight might find more balance.

#4 2006-05-24 12:31 pm

melapin
Backhand

Or, is there enough momentum and age on that list to try and put together another Master's team for Sectionals?

#5 2006-05-24 11:38 pm

hankthoms
Backhand

Yeah, seriously.

#6 2006-05-24 11:40 pm

Lolliloller_4
Backhand

melapin :

Or, is there enough momentum and age on that list to try and put together another Master's team for Sectionals?

#7 2006-05-24 11:47 pm

franknam
Air Bounce

how old is the masters cut off age this year?

Support Youth Ultimate - Be a Coach!

#8 2006-05-25 04:14 pm

Jlthree
Air Bounce

Masters Player Info :
The minimum age for the 2006 UPA Masters Open Division is 33 for men and 30 for women (age as of 12/31/06).
Players who meet the age requirement (see above) are eligible to play in the Masters Division of the Club Series if and only if one of the following applies:
The player is not on any Sectional roster; or
The player's OXW team does not qualify for OXW Regionals; or
The player's entire qualifying OXW team relinquishes its bid to OXW Regionals

Failure to abide by any of the above rules may result in the immediate disqualification of the team or individual and possible sanctions through the UPA conduct process.

Not that I qualify or anything.
Jude

Last edited by Jlthree (2006-05-25 04:17 pm)

"I have often observed that extremely violent noise and activity go with good-fellowship and heightened spirits."

#9 2006-05-29 10:31 am

bunny
Executive Director
Website

melapin :

I don't know the ages of the players at the combine, but there are pleny of older dudes in Seattle.  Getting a new masters team for the fall series has usually also been a matter of street cred. 

Last year at regionals in Davis I think that a new team from Seattle would have had at least 3 competative games (probably about that many at Sectionals, too).  Not sure where Regionals will be this year.  That's another part of the problem, though...getting enough dudes to travel if the tourney is farther than Burlington.

The Master's Hat League should be solid again this year.  Trying to recruit dudes from this league might be an easier road.

William Bartram
Executive Director, DiscNW

Board footer