DiscNW Community Bulletin Boards

You are not logged in.

#76 2006-07-10 12:30 pm

barney
DiscNW Board Member

Re: This site sucks!

It would be nice to be able to email registrants via the team or league pages or their player page.  Right now, it seems I can only email team captains via team pages.

If we allow our emails displayed, will the evil commercial spammers find them?

I really like the "Your Schedule" box.  Importing this to Outlook would be super cool, but probably difficult.

My welcome back box is rather ghostly looking.

After accidentally changing pages and loosing my Quick post, I find myself composing in an editor and pasting to the Quick post message box.

The Edit and Delete options for posts are excellent features.

I'm really digging the new site, my compliments to the crew.

Last edited by barney (2006-07-10 12:32 pm)

#77 2006-07-31 12:24 pm

barney
DiscNW Board Member

The General Discussion page is becoming quite cluttered.  By the end of summer, it might lose a good deal of its utility.

People are not in the habit of pulling expired posts or moving posts into more appropriate locations.  I imagine that we are collectively not used to having such flexibility and control after we post.

How can we keep down the clutter?
Are there alternatives to moderators removing posts?

#78 2006-11-07 11:50 am

Greg Barnes
Hammer

Perhaps I'm the only person who ever looked at these pages, but the Financial Reports for 2004 and 2003 (linked on this page: http://www.discnw.org/about/financial.html) are both so wide that they run into the right sidebar and are pretty much unreadable. 

I also see collisions with the right sidebar to a much lesser extent in the financial report for 2002 and the budget projection for 2003.

This is Firefox 1.5.0.7 on Linux.  I tried to turn off any font preferences I had to make sure I wasn't forcing a too large font, but this didn't seem to matter.

Also on the financials page, the 2004 budget projection links to the same page as the 2004 financial report.

#79 2006-11-07 12:29 pm

chrisburke
Push Pass

You are correct, it's all completely screwed up.  We are still unable to put new board meeting minutes or financial info on the website.

Chris Burke
Treasurer, DiscNW

#80 2006-11-07 01:10 pm

Greg Barnes
Hammer

chrisburke :

You are correct, it's all completely screwed up.  We are still unable to put new board meeting minutes or financial info on the website.

Chris Burke
Treasurer, DiscNW

Well, as long as I'm driving up my 'handler skill' label...

Sounds like you're complaining about an upload problem?  Like, you have stuff you want to post, possibly in some Office/OpenOffice/whatever format, but you don't have a mechanism for transferring it to the DiscNW web site?  This sounds to me like a provider problem, but I'd love to hear more details.

Or, perhaps, you can transfer it, but to get it into a nice, pretty format on the website requires technical work that there currently aren't the volunteer hours to perform?

The problem I mentioned was more like the latter of the two, but it seems like if the former is also a problem, that's more important to fix.  Better crappy looking data than no data at all. 

Tangentially, I'm wondering why Chris gets a 'High Release' label, whereas other board members get something like 'Executive Director' or 'Board member' on their BB posts.

#81 2006-11-07 01:25 pm

Greg Barnes
Hammer

More observations:

Logged in, I click on 'Profile', then 'Player Data'.  I'm given two buttons, 'Claim Player Record' and 'Create New Player Record', neither of which do a thing.

Also logged in, I click on 'Disc Community -> DiscNW Membership', then 'Click here' (at the bottom).  This takes me to a registration page that says 'You are not logged in'.  But I am still logged in.

#82 2006-11-07 01:27 pm

chrisburke
Push Pass

Am I reading you right, Greg?  You're volunteering to fix this problem?  Welcome aboard!

Chris

#83 2006-11-07 02:36 pm

Greg Barnes
Hammer

chrisburke :

Am I reading you right, Greg?  You're volunteering to fix this problem?  Welcome aboard!

Chris

Eh, sort of.  [I fully realize that Chris is reading this as an enthusiastic 'Yes!'].

I still don't quite know what the problem is, though.

#84 2007-02-16 12:57 pm

Greg Barnes
Hammer

I went to pay my team's spring league bid, did all the correct steps, got to the page that says 'Your transaction was approved', clicked on 'Return to DiscNW', and got some kind of stacktrace:

System error
error:      Can't locate object method "id" via package "getUser" (perhaps you forgot to load "getUser"?) at /home/www/vhosts/default/lib/perl/ALE/UserLogin.pm line 15.
context:     
11:      COOKIE_SEED => '21a5e600',
12:      };
13:     
14:      sub getUserId {
15:      getUser->id;
16:      }
17:     
18:      sub getUser {
19:      my %cookies = fetch CGI::Cookie;
code stack:      /home/www/vhosts/default/lib/perl/ALE/UserLogin.pm:15
/home/www/vhosts/default/lib/perl/ALE/Utils.pm:33
/home/www/vhosts/default/lib/perl/ALE/Utils.pm:55
/home/www/vhosts/default/lib/perl/ALE/Utils.pm:89
/home/www/vhosts/default/docroot/payments/PaymentReceived.html:41
/home/www/vhosts/default/docroot/autohandler:53
/usr/share/perl5/HTML/Mason/Request.pm:908
/home/www/vhosts/default/docroot/autohandler:95
/home/www/vhosts/default/mason/components/globals:12
raw error

#85 2007-02-16 04:41 pm

dairiki
Air Bounce

Sorry, I am the one responsible for breaking getUserId. big_smile

Your payment did go through.  Sometime in the next day or so we'll get the records fixed so that your team will show up as paid.

Jeff

(Also see ticket #37 for more technical details on the issue.)

#86 2007-03-20 05:48 pm

cnccola
Flick

I just entered a spring league spirit score... and could see what the other team gave us for spirit.  Is this just the way it is?  It made me pause and rethink the score I was giving them!  wink

#87 2007-03-20 06:44 pm

dairiki
Air Bounce

cnccola :

I just entered a spring league spirit score... and could see what the other team gave us for spirit.

My fault again...  fixed.  Thanks for pointing it out.

#88 2007-11-17 09:19 am

chambers
Backhand

I've noticed that lately events listed under "Your Schedule", as well as when leagues go from "Now" to "Recent", seems to change a day early.  For example, today shows Team League as "Recent", even though it's scheduled through today.  And I have a hat league game scheduled for today, but it doesn't show up any more under "Your Schedule".  Maybe an off-by-one error in date processing?

On a related note, I sometimes want to go to a game I just played the day before, e.g. to enter a score & spirit, but games disappear from Your Schedule too quickly for that.  If there was a Your Recent Past or something, with games from the previous week or couple of days, then I could see the recent results more easily.  Just a thought, and maybe I'm the only one who would like it.

-- Craig

#89 2007-11-18 09:43 am

dairiki
Air Bounce

chambers :

I've noticed that lately events listed under "Your Schedule", as well as when leagues go from "Now" to "Recent", seems to change a day early.

Yes, this is a known (but forgotten) bug.   Thanks for the reminder.

chambers :

On a related note, I sometimes want to go to a game I just played the day before, e.g. to enter a score & spirit, but games disappear from Your Schedule too quickly for that.  If there was a Your Recent Past or something, with games from the previous week or couple of days, then I could see the recent results more easily.  Just a thought, and maybe I'm the only one who would like it.

Recently (end of September-ish) I hacked things so that if there are  any fairly recent (30 days) games with unreported scores for which you (the logged in user) are allowed to report scores, they will be listed in the Your Schedule side-bar.

(At least, that's how it's supposed to work.  Is it broken?)

Board footer